Strawberry and banana is a great combination everyone loves in this protein strawberry banana smoothie recipe! Additional nutritional value gets added in this healthy fruit smoothie recipe by the addition of vanilla protein powder! This healthy smoothie recipe makes a 12 oz ninja bullet cup that serves one person.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
Perfect blender for personal sized smoothies:
I bought a ninja bullet off of Mercari, and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made! The smoothie cup is the perfect size for a smoothie. It blends extremely fast as well, and it is not super loud unless adding ice. This recipe makes a 12 oz ninja bullet smoothie.
Easy fruit smoothie variations:
- Omit protein powder and chia seeds - This easy strawberry banana smoothie can be made without the protein powder and chia seeds if you so wish!
- Going dairy free - You can make this strawberry banana protein smoothie with almond milk if you want it to be dairy free!
- The fruit options are endless when it comes to smoothies! If you have a fruit laying around your house that you need to use up, definitely try it in a smoothie! I am never afraid of trying new smoothie options. Smoothies are easy to add new fruits to.
- Omit fruits you do not like - if you do not like bananas, you can take it out of this recipe, and add more blueberries or strawberries instead.
- Adding spinach - this is an unpopular opinion, but I like to add spinach to my smoothies if I am trying to use up my spinach. Honestly, you can barely taste it. Great option if you are trying to get more greens in.
- Top off with whipped cream - If you want whipped cream to top your homemade smoothie off with, but still want it to be healthy, click here for a healthy whipped cream recipe.
How to store homemade protein smoothies:
I tend to eat my smoothies right away! If I find that I cannot finish the whole smoothie in one sitting, I place the cup in the fridge until I am hungry enough to drink the rest. Typically, I do not freeze smoothies as they tend to not taste as fresh while coming out of the freezer. If you wanted to freeze your smoothie, you definitely can though!
Check out my other best smoothie recipes:
Strawberry Banana Smoothie without Yogurt
- 1 banana
- 6 whole strawberries I don't cut mine
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup milk or almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Place banana in smoothie cup. Add strawberries until cup is almost full. Scoop in protein powder. Fill cup half full with milk. Spoon chia seeds in. Blend until desired thickness. Serve your protein strawberry banana smoothie with chia seeds or whipped cream on top!
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.