Tortellini alfredo is a delicious, creamy pasta dish that can be made with leftover chicken or any other protein of your choice. The creamy sauce is the star of the show, combining parmesan cheese, cream cheese, garlic, and butter to create a rich and decadent flavor. With just a few simple ingredients you can find at the grocery store, you can have a delicious dinner ready in no time!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it. In the footer of this page is my full disclosure policy.
- Tortellini - you can use dry or fresh cheese tortellini here.
- Pasta water - helps make the sauce less thick.
- Creamy alfredo sauce - made with heavy whipping cream, unsalted butter, garlic, black pepper, and spices, it is easy enough to make at home using this sauce recipe. You can also use store bought if you want. Either way, you end up with a comforting family meal!
- Spinach - adds nutritional value
- Chicken breast- you can use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken to save time on chicken cook time. Or you can cook the chicken in a large skillet over medium heat before starting this recipe.
How to Make Easy Tortellini Alfredo
- Boil pasta - cook tortellini according to package directions in a large pot of salted water. Boil slightly undercooked since we will be cooking flavors together later. Remove tortellini with a slotted spoon or drain with a colander. Make sure to leave at least ⅓ cup of water in the pot though.
- Make sauce - add spinach and cooked chicken here. Cook over medium high heat.
- Stir together - combine sauce with the pasta.
- Boil tortellini al dente - this will help the pasta not over cook while adding the rest of the ingredients later to make this pasta dish.
- Fresh parmesan - the grated parmesan cheese that comes in a cannister is not what we are looking for in this recipe. Shredding your own parmesan will provide a much creamier taste!
- Save water - keep some of the pasta water instead of draining it all out. This will be used later for making the alfredo sauce more creamy.
- Season - you can season this creamy tortellini alfredo to your personal taste.
- Add vegetables - you can add more greens to the sauce if you would like. Examples include: kale, broccoli florets, mushrooms, roasted tomatoes, etc.
Tortellini Alfredo FAQs
You can make alfredo sauce with heavy cream, butter, garlic, parsley, and parmesan cheese. You can learn more in my homemade alfredo sauce recipe.
Excellent side dishes to go with this easy dinner recipe include garlic bread, side salad, or even green beans.
Reheating and Storage
- Storage - store this delicious recipe in an air tight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- Reheating - pour into a sauce pan over medium-low heat and heat until warm throughout.
More Pasta Recipes
Chicken Tortellini Alfredo
- 24 oz cheese tortellini
- ⅓ cup pasta water
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast
- Boil tortellini according to directions. As the tortellini begins to float, remove and place on a plate. After all tortellini is removed, drain out most of the water, but still leaving at least ⅓ cup in the pot.
- Add alfredo sauce to the pot and cook over medium heat. Once warm, add spinach and cooked chicken to heat. Pour tortellini back in pot. Let cook for about 5 minutes to blend flavors. Serve hot.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.
Yum! Those tortellinis turned out perfectly! Super creamy and delicious! Thanks for the recipe!
This was so creamy and delicious, and we loved how quickly it came together!