This is my go to recipe for homemade alfredo sauce with heavy cream. I love the smell of it, and it tastes even better than it smells. One time I made this and forgot to put the Parmesan cheese in, so make sure you do not forget that! This recipe makes about enough for one pasta dish that feeds around 4 people. Can double the recipe if necessary! I use this recipe for pasta dishes and pizza. It can work for just about anything though. It only takes about 10-15 minutes to make, so it is not too long to make this from scratch versus buying! No preservatives here.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
What to pair with alfredo sauce with heavy cream:
This alfredo sauce recipe tastes good wherever a white sauce is necessary! Pasta is one of my favorite ways to use this sauce. Some examples of pasta ideas you can use this sauce in is the following: spaghetti alfredo, chicken fettuccine, chicken alfredo pasta, homemade shrimp alfredo, shrimp fettuccine, creamy chicken alfredo, etc if you are looking to put it in pasta!
Other dinner ideas that are not pasta that you can put alfredo sauce in is Garlic Chicken Pizza.
Ingredients for alfredo sauce:
- butter-Crystal Farms stick butter
- heavy whipping cream-Best Choice, I used a substitute of cottage cheese and milk blended once, and it was a good substitute. It did taste slightly different doing it that way though.
- parmesan cheese-Kraft
Variations of white pasta sauce:
- less butter-you could cut down on the butter if you want your sauce to be less fatty
- half and half instead of heavy cream-I rarely have heavy cream on hand, so if you are like me and do not have heavy cream, half and half can be a good substitute. If you do not have half and half either, you can always use milk. It will be a bit thinner using milk though. The parmesan cheese does help thicken it a bit though.
- more garlic-in my personal opinion, you can never have too much garlic!
- add cilantro-in addition to parsley, dried cilantro could be an addition or a substitute
- seasonings-you can season with other seasonings if you would like! Examples of these include salt, pepper, garlic pepper, etc.
How to store alfredo with heavy cream:
- fridge-store this pasta sauce recipe in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week
- freezer-I have not tried freezing this recipe. If you would like to try it, go for it! Let me know how it goes.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once melted add in heavy whipping cream. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- After simmering, add in garlic and parsley, stir until combined. Add in Parmesan cheese. Stir, cooking until cheese is melted. Serve.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.