This peanut butter pie with cream cheese is a family favorite. I decided to make this because I had a bag of Reese’s miniature’s lying around that needed used up! This peanut butter recipe only requires one block of cream cheese, which is easy on the budget. This peanut butter pie with heavy cream recipe makes about 8 slices.
Click here for baking with peanut butter benefits.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
Check out my other delicious pie recipes:
Main ingredient to use for this easy peanut butter pie recipe:
- graham crackers-provides a solid crust foundation
- butter-stick butter
- peanut butter-Jif, I used the natural kind but you can use the regular as well
- heavy cream-provides the white color
- sugar-adds sweetness
- cream cheese-Philadelphia brand, provides thickness
Can I make the crust in advance?
Yes, you can! Just cook the crust according to directions and allow it to cool. Put a lid over it and store in a safe place at room temperature until ready to finish the recipe. This graham cracker crust can also be used for any other pie recipe that requires a graham cracker crust. I usually mass produce graham cracker crusts at home and store them. I do this so I do not have to buy one or make one right before I want to make my pie.
Variations of this peanut butter pie:
- omit the Reeses miniatures-I know not everyone has these on hand. This recipe may not taste the same without them, but it is not a necessity to make peanut butter pie.
- regular sized Reeses-if you cannot find Reeses minatures, you can use the full sized candy and cut them into smaller pieces to fit your needs.
- make it in a 9 x 13 baking dish-this would require doubling the recipe, but this peanut butter recipe does not have to be pie shaped.
Overview of pie instructions:
- make the crust-have to have the crust so that the pie holds its shape.
- beat together peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla-this is to make the peanut butter less clumpy.
- add in heavy cream and peanut butter cups-your filling is ready to go in this step.
- pour filling into pie crust and decorate!
How to store no bake pie:
I recommend storing the pie in the refrigerator if you plan on eating a lot of the pie right away, or in the freezer if you want it to last longer. Definitely do not store it at room temperature.
Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 1/4 cup of crushed graham crackers
- 7 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped Reese's miniatures
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- caramel or butterscotch for topping
- Stir together graham crackers and butter to make the crust. Pat into pie pan ensuring the bottom and sides of the pan are coated evenly. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- While that is baking, get started on the filling. Beat together with mixer the peanut butter, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Slowly stir in the heavy cream and chopped peanut butter cups.
- When crust is out of oven and cooled, pour filling into pie crust.
- Top with extra Reese's and caramel or butterscotch.
- Freeze for approximately 4 hours before eating. Serve your Peanut Butter Pie cool or room temp.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.