No time to make crust for pumpkin pie? Don't want to spend money on the crust? Then this Crustless Pumpkin Pie recipe is the perfect recipe for you. It is actually a pretty healthy pie since it does not have as many carbs and fats! I barely noticed that it normally comes with a crust.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
Favorite ingredient brands for this crustless pumpkin pie recipe:
- pumpkin puree-Libby's, If you want to homemake pumpkin puree, click here for how to do that!
- sugar-C&H cane sugar
- cornstarch-Best Choice
- powdered milk-Nestle
Overview of the steps of this pumpkin recipe:
- mix together dried milk with the water so that it makes the milk
- stir together rest of the ingredients. Pour in newly made milk mixture.
- pour custard in sprayed pie tin. Bake!
Is using powdered milk necessary?
Yes and no. It does turn out more thick with powdered milk. However, it is not 100% necessary. If you wanted to go with the traditional liquid cows milk, I would recommend only putting half the conversion amount in.
What I mean by that is ⅓ cup powder produces 1 cup of milk. However, this recipe uses 1 cup powder which would convert to using 3 cups of milk. That would over flow the pan though, so I would recommend using only 1 ½ cups of cows milk.
How to store crustless pumpkin pie recipe:
- fridge-I store mine in the fridge in an air tight container for up to one week
- freezer-I have not tried freezing this crustless pumpkine pie recipe. I do not know how it would freeze because it is a custard. After it thaws, it might be rather watery. If you want to try freezing it, let me know how it goes.
Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 room temperature eggs
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 cup of nonfat powdered milk
- 1 ½ cups of warm water
- Spices to add at your own personal preference:
- ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt
- Whisk together the nonfat powdered milk and warm water in a shallow bowl. Make sure there are no clumps in it. Set aside.
- Stir together the rest of the ingredients in a larger bowl. Add in powdered milk/water mixture.
- Spray pie tin and pour in custard. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour. Remove from oven and serve your Crustless Pumpkin Pie with ice cream or whipped cream.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.