This strawberry raspberry dessert is great for using up wild fresh raspberries! This strawberry raspberry pie recipe does need a deep dish, I made that mistake by using a shallow pan the first time and that was a bad choice, haha. The strawberry pie filling is originally my grandmas strawberry pie filling recipe. I modified it for the wild raspberry season. Wild fresh berries work great for this recipe. This fresh strawberry dessert serves about 8 slices.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
If you want to learn more about growing your own raspberries, click here.
Main ingredients to use for this fresh raspberry recipe:
- Flour - for the crust
- White sugar - adds sweetness
- Milk - whole milk
- Cream cheese - name brand
- Jello - name brand Jell-o
- Make the crust - this is world's easiest crust recipe to make because you do not have to roll it out. Just pat it into a sprayed deep dish pie pan (needs to be the biggest dish you can find), and bake!
- 1st layer in cooled pie shell - Combine dairy products and place them in the pie shell once the pie shell it is cooled. It has to be cool or else cream cheese and whipped cream will melt. Add berries. Make sure to press the fruit down into the cream cheese and whipped cream mixture. This will help make the pie an even surface before pouring the jell-o layer on. Jello pie filling is a little more complex when it comes to layers than any other pie filling.
- Cook remaining ingredients in hot sauce pan - this is the jello pie mixture that will be on top of the berries. This mixture should be somewhat cool before pouring on top of the berries or else the whipped cream could melt. Jello pie filling directions need to be followed closely to prevent melting.
Toppings for strawberry raspberry pie with jello:
I like to eat this strawberry raspberry pie plain, but if you like ice cream with every pie, you can sure put some ice cream on this one! Whipped cream can also be a topping option, however, there is already whipped cream in the pie itself so I thought that would be a little too much. I usually put whipped cream on every pie though.
How to store strawberry raspberry pie:
- Fridge - store this strawberry raspberry pie dessert in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week
- Freezer - this recipe is freezer friendly! Follow directions as normal and put a cover over top the pie pan. Place in the freezer for up to one month.
Check out my other delicious pie recipes:
Strawberry Raspberry Pie
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- dash salt
- ½ cup canola oil
- 4 oz whipped cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups strawberries cut in quarters
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoon white corn syrup
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 oz strawberry jello powder
- Stir together flour, 2 tablespoon sugar, milk, salt, and oil in a medium sized bowl. Press into a sprayed, deep pie dish to form the crust. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Let pie shell completely cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine whipped cream and cream cheese. Spoon onto pie shell. Add strawberries and raspberries. Press fruit down into cream.
- In a small sauce pan, mix 1 cup sugar, corn syrup, and cornstarch together with 1 cup of water over medium heat. Cook until liquid is clear. When it is clear, remove from heat. Add jello powder. Stir. Allow to sit a few minutes to slightly cool. Pour this mixture over fruit in crust. Let chill for 4-6 hours. Serve your Strawberry Raspberry Pie cold or room temp.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.