Air fryer buffalo cauliflower is a family favorite that very closely resembles chicken! What is buffalo cauliflower wings? It is a great way to disguise vegetables so that you are getting enough nutrients in your diet. It is breaded cauliflower with hot sauce to help you get used to the taste of cauliflower, without actually tasting a lot like cauliflower. Does buffalo cauliflower taste good? Yes, if made properly. To make them taste even less like cauliflower, cut the stems off the florets. Traditionally air fried buffalo cauliflower is served with ranch or blue cheese, but you can also put them in tacos!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it. In the footer of this page is my full disclosure policy.
What goes with air fryer buffalo cauliflower?
Carrots and celery are typically served with any sort of buffalo flavored meal along with ranch or blue cheese dressing. If you want a carb side dish, garlic bread, or baked potatoes are a great option that will keep you feeling full longer.
Buffalo Cauliflower vs Chicken
What does buffalo cauliflower taste like? To me it tastes similar to chicken. You cannot deny that it is not chicken, but how this recipe is prepared is the same way you would make buffalo chicken. It looks like chicken, it smells like chicken, it might as well be chicken. Buffalo cauliflower doesn’t taste like chicken is a common thought amongst people. It is supposed to be similar to chicken, but it will never be chicken. You just have to get used to that little hint of cauliflower flavor.
How to serve tasty buffalo cauliflower:
There are a couple of serving options for air fryer buffalo cauliflower without milk:
- buddha bowl-you can make a buffalo cauliflower buddha bowl!
- tacos-buffalo cauliflower air fryer tacos are another great option! Just repare like normal but then add your favorite taco fixings in your taco shell.
- dip-you can make this into a buffalo cauliflower dip
Tips for making buffalo cauliflower in air fryer:
- cut off stems-this will make make buffalo cauliflower air fryer taste less like cauliflower
- add enough flour-flour will make these bites of buffalo cauliflower crispy. If your florets are bigger, you may not end up with enough flour. Try to make sure each floret is covered in flour.
- make sure they are done-make sure florets are crispy when you take them out of the oven. If they are not crispy, they will not taste as good.
Variations of buffalo cauliflower bites:
- oven-you can make buffalo cauliflower in oven if you don’t have an air fryer! Just prepare cauliflower as normal and put aluminum foil on a 9 x 13 baking sheet and spray the pan. Place florets on the pan and bake at the same temperature, but for about double the time.
- fried-fried buffalo cauliflower is another option if you do not have an air fryer. You can deep fry them or fry on a skillet over medium heat. This buffalo cauliflower with no oil bites can have oil for a better flavor. It is just not as healthy this way.
How to store buffalo cauliflower:
- fridge-store these air fryer buffalo cauliflower bites in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week
- freezer-I have not tried freezing this buffalo cauliflower air fryer recipe. If you would like to try it, go for it! Let me know how it goes. I am not sure how it would turn out, but I don’t recommend thawing them before reheating. Go straight from the freezer to oven or air fryer.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 5 tbsp hot sauce
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp each spice: pepper, salt, garlic powder, Cajun
- Cut the cauliflower in half. Then, cut each half in half again. Continue in this pattern until it is in florets. Place in a large bowl. I cut the stems off my florets, but that is optional.
- Pour butter and hot sauce over the cauliflower. Stir. Pour remaining ingredients over cauliflower. Stir until well combined. Place in batches in the air fryer and air fry for about 8 minutes per batch. They will be done when they look crispy. Serve your air fried buffalo cauliflower with ranch or blue cheese.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.