When I order wings at Pizza Hut, I get the garlic parmesan chicken thighs. I tried to recreate them at home with this chicken recipe! I love the seasonings on this chicken. This is probably the closest sauce you will get to restaurant sauce. This chicken recipe makes 4 pieces of chicken. I would recommend baking them in a deep baking dish so that the juice has a place to collect.
This recipe also makes the chicken very moist. You can use any chicken part you want like breast, thigh, leg, wing, etc. Click here for an article on how to adjust cook time for different parts of chicken. The time below works perfectly for thighs and legs, but click the article if you want to be sure about other parts of the bird.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
Check out my other delicious chicken recipes:
- Chicken Nuggets and Chicken Patties
- Chicken in White Sauce
- Herb Chicken
- Chicken and Mushrooms
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken
- Cajun Chicken
What to serve with oven baked chicken:
- potatoes-My family loves serving mashed potatoes with our garlic parm chicken! You can pour the leftover garlic sauce on the potatoes to make them garlic potatoes, which tastes quite yummy!
- vegetable-Meat and veggies always go well together!
How do I tell if my garlic parmesan chicken thighs are done?
- temp-With a meat thermometer, you can remove a piece of chicken from heat and insert the meat thermometer. If the chicken temps above 165 degrees Fahrenheit, it is done.
- cutting it open-Without a meat thermometer (I did not have one for years) you can cut a slice of chicken open to see if it is done. If it is white on the inside, it is done. If the chicken is still slightly pink, let cook a bit longer. When using thigh meat, I prefer to cut mine open because sometimes even if it is done, blood can collect on the inside. Cutting it open releases it.
How to store garlic parmesan chicken thighs:
- fridge-store these garlic parmesan chicken thighs in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week
- freezer-this garlic parmesan chicken thighs recipe can be a freezer meal! Follow directions as normal and remove chicken from pan and place into a freezer tray with a lid. Once cool, place in the freezer for up to one month. To serve, place it in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about an hour or until heated throughout.
Favorite ingredient brands to use for this garlic chicken dish recipe:
- chicken-whatever is on sale. These thighs were on sale (as shown in the picture), and they were high quality.
- olive oil- Extra Virgin
- Parmesan cheese-grated
How to make excellent garlic parmesan chicken thighs:
- season and bake chicken-by placing some seasonings on first, it allows the flavors to get baked into the chicken. While it is baking, you can stir together the sauce. This helps save time
- When chicken it done, coat it in the garlic parmesan sauce. Serve!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- 4 chicken thighs or other part of chicken
- seasonings in amounts of your liking: pepper, salt, and Italian seasoning.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup parsley
- 2 tablespoon garlic
- Sprinkle pepper, salt, and Italian seasoning on both sides of chicken and bake on a sprayed baking dish at 375 degrees for 20 mins. Flip over and bake for another 20 minutes.
- During the last half of the chicken baking, mix together oil, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and garlic together in a small bowl.
- When chicken comes out of oven, coat in the Parmesan/garlic mixture. Place on a plate to cool until cool enough to handle. Serve your Garlic Parmesan Chicken hot.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.