This baked Cajun Chicken is so moist and topped with the perfect amount of cheese. This baked chicken breast recipe only requires six ingredients. I was debating about flipping the chicken over halfway through, but I did not end up doing that. It turned out fine! This is one of the best chicken recipes I have ever made. You could probably use other parts of the chicken if you don't have any chicken breast on hand.
I actually made this a freezer meal for my parents when I was making frozen meals for them for when I left to go back to college. They loved it, so this recipe is freezer friendly.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
Favorite ingredient brands to use for this baked cajun chicken recipe:
- chicken breast-Tyson or buying local! We have been buying local lately and saving a lot of money by going that route.
- mayo and cheese-mayo helps the cheese stick
- parsley and Cajun-for seasoning
- bread crumbs-for texture, you can make your own! I make mine out of saltines or Ritz crackers
How do I know when my baked cajun chicken is done?
To tell if the chicken is fully cooked, can be done in the following ways:
- temp-With a meat thermometer, you can remove a piece of chicken from heat and insert the meat thermometer. If the chicken temps above 165 degrees Fahrenheit, it is done.
- cutting it open-Without a meat thermometer (I did not have one for years) you can cut a slice of chicken open to see if it is done. If it is white on the inside, it is done. If the chicken is still slightly pink, let cook a bit longer. I highly recommend using the cutting method if cooking chicken thighs. Sometimes thighs can hold in blood. By slicing them open, it releases the blood.
How to make excellent Baked Cajun Chicken:
- stir coating together-the coating is what gives the baked cajun chicken flavor.
- coat chicken in the coating-if probably will have some bare spots on it, and that is okay.
- top off with cheese and parsley, and bake!
Variations of this Baked Cajun Chicken recipe:
- more cajun spice- If wanting more flavor, shake more cajun powder on!
- use different cheeses-if wanting more than just cheddar cheese, try other cheeses!
How do I store Cajun Chicken?
- fridge-store this chicken breast recipe in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week
- freeze-this recipe can be a freezer meal! Follow directions as normal and remove chicken from pan and place into a freezer tray with a lid. Once cool, place in the freezer for up to one month. To serve, place it in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about an hour or until heated throughout
- 3 lbs of thawed chicken breast, in large fillets
- 1 cup of mayo
- 3 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning
- ¾ cup of cheddar cheese plus extra for the top
- ¼ cup of parsley plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup of bread crumbs
- In a small bowl, stir together mayo, Cajun seasoning, cheese, and parsley.
- Using a knife, spread this cream mixture on the chicken breasts evenly coating them. Sprinkle both sides with bread crumbs.
- Place chicken breasts onto a sprayed baking sheet. Top with extra cheese and parsley. Bake at 425 degrees for exactly 20 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. Chicken should temp at 165 degrees when done. Do not over bake. Serve your Cajun Chicken Hot.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.