Buffalo chicken enchiladas are made with chicken breast, gooey cheese, and a spicy sauce wrapped in flour tortillas. If you're looking for a delicious, homemade dish that won't take up too much time in the kitchen, Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas are the perfect solution. These enchiladas are sure to be a crowd pleaser, and they are easy enough for even novice cooks to make!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it. In the footer of this page is my full disclosure policy.
- Rotisserie chicken - cooked chicken breast from the grocery store saves the most time, but you can also cook chicken in the crock pot/air fryer. Place cooked chicken in the kitchen aid mixing bowl and beat it lightly with the paddle attachment until chicken is shredded.
- Cream cheese - this helps mellow out the buffalo sauce
- Shredded cheese - adds flavor
- Buffalo wing sauce - provides hot flavor
- Flour tortillas - holds out enchilada together
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
- Melt together - cooked chicken, a small amount of buffalo sauce, and cream cheese/
- Assemble - place chicken mixture in a tortilla shell. Add shredded cheese on top. Roll tortilla up like a rug and place on a sprayed 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Drizzle - drizzle buffalo sauce on top. Add more shredded cheese on top as well. Bake until shredded cheese is melted.
How to Eat Enchiladas:
- Blue cheese
- Sour cream/Greek yogurt
- Black beans
- pinto beans
Tips and Tricks
- More heat - if you like spicy, use extra hot buffalo sauce or add more buffalo sauce on your plate to add spice.
- Decrease the heat - add more cream cheese, ranch, or sour cream to your enchiladas if you find that they are too spicy.
- Sauce - you can make the sauce more runny by heating it over the stove with chicken broth to mellow out the heat. Pour on enchiladas when combined!
I used the Buffalo Wild Wings hot sauce. Your favorite buffalo sauce will work here! You can even make your own.
Yes, prep enchiladas and store in the fridge without the sauce on top until you are ready to bake and eat. Only store for about 24 hours prepped in the fridge or else the tortillas may dry out.
Yes, assemble the enchiladas but don't put the sauce or cheese on top yet. Freeze covered in a freezer save container. Thaw out in fridge for at least 24 hours before serving. Pour sauce and cheese on top. Bake according to directions. You can add ¼ cup chicken broth to pan to moisten the enchiladas.
There is a flavor variation of buffalo chicken for everyone. If you cannot handle spicy, go with mild buffalo sauce. There is medium sauce for those who want a little more flavor than mild. There are even hot and extra hot buffalo sauces in stores for those hot sauce connoisseur.
What to Serve with Buffalo Enchiladas:
Mexican rice goes great with enchiladas. Another option is refried beans.
How to Store and Reheat:
Store leftovers in the fridge in an air tight container for up to one week. Reheat in the microwave or oven until heated throughout.
You can also make this into a freezer meal! Prepare as normal, but do not put sauce on top or bake. Freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw in the fridge for at least 24 hours before serving. To eat, pour sauce on top and heat according to directions.
Super Hot Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
- 3 cups warm, cooked chicken breast
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheese of choice
- 8 flour tortillas
- buffalo sauce
- Stir together cooked chicken, 3 tablespoon of buffalo sauce, and cream cheese in a large skillet over medium heat. This will help the cream cheese melt. Once melted, remove from heat as we do not want the chicken to dry out.
- Assemble - place ⅓ cup of chicken mixture in a tortilla shell. Add ¼ cup shredded cheese on top. Roll tortilla up like a rug and place on a sprayed 9 x 13 baking dish. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle - drizzle buffalo sauce on top. Add more shredded cheese on top as well. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.
This is so perfect for an easy dinner - simple to put together and full of flavour. A meal for the whole family to enjoy 🙂
Andréa Janssen says
I'm always looking for easy and delicious recipes and gladly stumbled upon this one. Delicious and full of flavor. My family loved it.
Such a perfect, easy and delicious meal! The whole family loved it! Will make them again soon!
It's always nice to create recipes that do not require tons of ingredients. It makes it easier for us to create really delicious and filling meals that everyone will enjoy.
Buffalow chicken enchiladas looks delicious perfect for get together. I am going to make it as weekend meal.