Potato salad is quite delicious no matter the occasion! What is deviled egg potato salad? It is like regular potato salad but has boiled eggs in it. Deviled eggs and potato salad have the same base of mustard and mayo so combining the two concepts is quite easy. This recipe is made best with cold, leftover boiled potatoes.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it. In the footer of this page is my full disclosure policy.
What to serve with Deviled Egg Potato Salad?
Any holiday food goes great with potato salad. Prime rib, ham, steak, fried chicken, etc, you name it, all go with it! Potato salad also is a great option for a picnic as well. It goes great with hot dogs, baked beans, and rolls.
Check out my other salad recipes:
Tips for making excellent Deviled Egg Potato Salad with Dill:
How do you make deviled egg potato salad is fairly simple, but there are some tips for making it taste excellent:
- cooled potatoes-it can be easy to miscalcualte time and boil potatoes for egg salad
- homemade pickles– store bought pickles taste good in potato salad, but homemade pickles really take the cake! I have an amazing pickle recipe posted on my website.
- taste test-different people like their seasonings differently. If you wanted to taste test your deviled egg potato salad as you go along, that would ensure it will be the best to your taste buds.
Variations of deviled egg potato salad with pickles:
- omit pickles-pickles aren’t for everyone. You can omit them if you would like.
- add bacon-deviled egg potato salad with bacon is pretty good! Adding bacon gives it a smokey flavor. It also provides more protein.
- omit mayo-if you don’t like mayo then you can make a substitue with sour cream instead. It might take a little more tangy.
- different seasonings-you can use any seasonings you want to this recipe to customize it to your own taste.
How long is deviled egg potato salad good for?
Deviled egg potato salad lasts about 5 days in the fridge in a sealed, air tight container. I would not recommend freezing this recipe but if you want to try it, let me know how it goes!
Deviled Egg Potato Salad
- 5 russet potatoes boiled, cooled, and cubed
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 cooked bacon crumbled optional
- 1/2 tbsp of each: salt, pepper, celery salt, dill
- 6 boiled eggs cooled
- In a large bowl, gently combine all ingredients except for boiled eggs.
- On a cutting board, cut boiled eggs in strips width wise. Add to large bowl mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Cover bowl with a bowl cover and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to let flavors marinate. Serve deviled egg potato salad cold.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.