If you like cookies with a crispy outside, and a chew inside, look no further than these crispy chewy chocolate chip cookies! I have been determined to try to make a recipe for cookies that are both crispy and chewy, since most people like one or the other! I finally came up with a quick chocolate chip recipe to satisfy both tastes! This soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies recipes makes about 16 cookies and is 210 kcal per cookie.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it. In the footer of this page is my full disclosure policy.
Check out my other best cookie recipes:
- Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- Inside Out Cookies
- No Bake Cookies
- Double Chocolate Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
- Eggnog Cookies with Eggnog Frosting
Tips for making incredible crispy chewy chocolate chip cookies:
- Look at recipe notes-at the bottom of this crispy chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe, I give notes on how to make sure your cookies are soft and do not stick to the pan
- Use a decent baking sheet-I always bake cookies using a special baking sheet I use for only cookies. This baking sheet is different from other baking sheets as it is a thicker pan. The cookies take slightly longer to bake, but using a thicker pan does make a difference.
Favorite ingredient brands to use for this soft chocolate chip cookie recipe:
- flour-provides a good base. If you want to see the flour I use for every recipe, click here.
- baking soda-helps the cookies rise
- chocolate chips-Nestle or Hershey’s. You can also make your own at home! Click here for a recipe.
- sugars-adds sweetness
How to make the best chewy chocolate chip cookies:
- dry ingredients-stir these together
- wet ingredients-mix these together with a hand mixer or a whisk
- combine wet and dry ingredients-this will form the sticky batter
- stir in chocolate chips
- using a cookie scoop-scoop spoonfuls of dough onto a sprayed baking sheet
- put in oven-bake your cookies until the edges are slightly brown and hard!
How to store soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies:
- fridge-store these crispy chewy chocolate chip cookies in an air tight container room temperature for up to one week. A secret to keeping cookies fresh is to put a slice of bread in with them. The bread will get hard but the cookies will not!
- freezer-you can freeze these crispy chewy chocolate chip cookies to eat later!
Crispy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- dash of vanilla
- 1 egg
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat together brown sugar, white sugars, melted butter, vanilla, and egg for 1 minute. Stir in dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
- Scoop up about 1 tbsp of dough using a cookie scoop, do not heap the scoop, and place on a 9x13 sprayed baking sheet. Repeat until there are 12 scoops on pan. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Serve your crispy chewy chocolate chip cookies warm or room temp.
I believe my cookies are done when the edges are firm and slightly more brown than the rest of the cookie. When I take my pan out of the oven, I leave my cookies on the pan for 1 extra minute to finish baking. Then, I remove them from the pan and place onto a cooling rack. Do not wait longer than 1 minute to remove the cookies from the pan. This will result in them being extremely hard to get off.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.