Valentine Sugar Cookie recipe will satisfy anyone you are spending Valentines Day with this year! Not only are these easy sugar cookies to make, but they are also chewy sugar cookies as well. They are easy to bite into! Very simple ingredients in this recipe too. You can find all the ingredients for this recipe in your cupboard without having to buy anything special! Down below I included two recipes for different frostings you can use if you are interested.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
Table of Contents
Check out my other best cookie recipes:
- peanut butter m&m cookies
- inside out cookies
- no bake cookies
- double chocolate cookies
- crispy chewy chocolate chip cookies
Favorite ingredient brands for sugar cookies from scratch:
- butter-Crystal Farms or Land O’Lakes
- sugar-C&H Cane Sugar
- eggs-farm fresh from my chickens, store bought eggs work too
- flour-Gold Medal
How to make easy sugar cookies:
- beat together wet ingredients-this will make the sugar less grainy
- stir together dry ingredients-add these to the wet ingredients
- let dough chill-this will help it firm up for cutting
- roll out dough-rolling the dough out will ensure there is an even level of surface for each cookie
- cut dough with cookie cutters-this is what will make your cookies into shapes
- bake cookies on a sprayed baking sheet
Toppings for sugar cookies:
I used butter cream frosting for the cookies shown in the picture. I typically do not use store bought frosting. Store bought frosting does taste good, but it is hard to adjust the recipe according to personal preference compared to if making it yourself. Click here for a buttercream frosting recipe. Some people also like to use royal icing. Click here for a royal icing recipe.
How do I know when my soft sugar cookies are done?
I believe my sugar cookies are done when the edges are firm and slightly more brown than the rest of the cookie. When I take my pan out of the oven, I leave my cookies on the pan for 1 extra minute to finish baking. Then, I remove them from the pan and place onto a cooling rack. Do not wait longer than 1 minute to remove the cookies from the pan. This will result in them being extremely hard to get off.
How to store homemade sugar cookies:
- dough-you can store the dough in the freezer until ready to bake the cookies!
- cookies-if the cookies are already made, store in a air tight container room temperature for about a week. If using buttercream frosting, I recommend storing them in the fridge instead of room temperature.
Valentines Day Sugar Cookie Recipe
Recommended Products-Click to Buy
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 cups flour plus extra for rolling out
- dash salt
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla together in a large bowl for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs until well combined
- In a smaller bowl, stir together flour and salt. Stir this into the wet ingredients. If the dough is really sticky, add in more flour. Let this mixture chill for about 20 minutes.
- After the 20 minutes of chilling, roll out the dough onto a floured surface using a rolling pin until it is about 1/4 of an inch thick. Cut the dough using whatever cookie cutters you desire. Place cookie dough shapes on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 8-10 minutes.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.