The taste is pretty much in the title: traditional peanut butter cookies with m&ms. Very soft peanut butter m&m cookies! I like my cookies soft, so I am glad these turned out that way. I was really into peanut butter for a time there so I decided to add M&Ms to my peanut butter cookies, and this is that recipe!
This peanut butter m&m cookies recipe makes around 30 cookies. A serving is 2 cookies.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
If you want to read about the benefits of peanut butter in baking, click here.
Favorite ingredient brands to use for this peanut butter cookie recipe:
*butter-helps cookie stick together
*white and brown sugar-provides sweetness
*peanut butter-the peanut butter flavor
*vanilla-brings out the inner flavors of the cookie
*flour-provides the base
*baking soda-helps cookie rise ever so slightly
How to make excellent peanut butter m&m cookies:
- mix together wet ingredients and sugars-this helps the sugar become less grainy and it will beat the egg in. You can use a whisk for this part if you do not have a hand mixer
- stir together dry ingredients-dry ingredients include flour, baking soda, and salt.
- add dry ingredients to wet ingredients while stirring. Then, add m&ms.
- scoop out dough onto sprayed baking sheet using a cookie scoop. If you do not have a cookie scoop (we did not have one for many years), use a heaping tablespoon.
- bake! Look at my notes on the baking instructions.
Decorating Cookies for Santa:
No matter how you shape your cookies and try to ensure there are a lot of m&ms in every bite, there is always those cookies that never seen to have enough. You can press extra m&ms in the top of your peanut butter cookies after they get done baking.
You can turn these into chocolate peanut butter m&m cookies by adding chocolate chips! Press chips into the cookie after they get done baking or mix them in the batter.
How to store m and m cookies:
- room temperature-I like to store my cookies room temperature in an air tight container for about one week.
- freezer-I have not tried freezing these cookies before. I do not see why they would not be freezable though! If you would like to try freezing them, let me know how it goes!
Check out my other delicious cookie recipes:
- Inside Out Cookies
- No Bake Cookies
- Double Chocolate Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
- Crispy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Eggnog Cookies
Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- 1 stick melted butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- dash vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- dash salt
- 2 cups M&Ms
- Mix together butter and sugars for 2 minutes in a large bowl. Add in peanut butter, egg, vanilla, and mix until combined.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients while stirring. After well combined, stir in M&Ms.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out dough onto a sprayed baking sheet leaving 3 inch spaces between each one so they can grow a little bit. Heaping the cookie scoop is okay in this recipe as they do not expand a ton.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven. Let cookies cool on a wire rack. Serve the Peanut Butter M&M Cookies when cool.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.
these were so much fun to make
So cute! Love peanut butter cookies !
My boys attacked these as soon as they came out of the oven. Thanks for the recipe!
I love m&m cookies! And with peanut butter?? SO GOOD!
These disappeared almost as quickly as they came out the oven! So good!
My kids really liked these cookies!
Love these cookies. So many flavors in every bite!