The taste is pretty much in the title: traditional peanut butter cookies with m&ms. Very soft peanut butter m&m cookies! I like my cookies soft, so I am glad these turned out that way. I was really into peanut butter for a time there so I decided to add M&Ms to my peanut butter cookies, and this is that recipe!
This peanut butter m&m cookies recipe makes around 30 cookies. A serving is 2 cookies.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
If you want to read about the benefits of peanut butter in baking, click here.
Favorite ingredient brands to use for this peanut butter cookie recipe:
*butter-helps cookie stick together
*white and brown sugar-provides sweetness
*peanut butter-the peanut butter flavor
*vanilla-brings out the inner flavors of the cookie
*flour-provides the base
*baking soda-helps cookie rise ever so slightly
How to make excellent peanut butter m&m cookies:
- mix together wet ingredients and sugars-this helps the sugar become less grainy and it will beat the egg in. You can use a whisk for this part if you do not have a hand mixer
- stir together dry ingredients-dry ingredients include flour, baking soda, and salt.
- add dry ingredients to wet ingredients while stirring. Then, add m&ms.
- scoop out dough onto sprayed baking sheet using a cookie scoop. If you do not have a cookie scoop (we did not have one for many years), use a heaping tablespoon.
- bake! Look at my notes on the baking instructions.
Decorating Cookies for Santa:
No matter how you shape your cookies and try to ensure there are a lot of m&ms in every bite, there is always those cookies that never seen to have enough. You can press extra m&ms in the top of your peanut butter cookies after they get done baking.
You can turn these into chocolate peanut butter m&m cookies by adding chocolate chips! Press chips into the cookie after they get done baking or mix them in the batter.
How to store m and m cookies:
- room temperature-I like to store my cookies room temperature in an air tight container for about one week.
- freezer-I have not tried freezing these cookies before. I do not see why they would not be freezable though! If you would like to try freezing them, let me know how it goes!
Check out my other delicious cookie recipes:
- Inside Out Cookies
- No Bake Cookies
- Double Chocolate Cookies
- Sugar Cookies
- Crispy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Eggnog Cookies
Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- 1 stick melted butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- dash vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- dash salt
- 2 cups M&Ms
- Mix together butter and sugars for 2 minutes in a large bowl. Add in peanut butter, egg, vanilla, and mix until combined.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients while stirring. After well combined, stir in M&Ms.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out dough onto a sprayed baking sheet leaving 3 inch spaces between each one so they can grow a little bit. Heaping the cookie scoop is okay in this recipe as they do not expand a ton.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven. Let cookies cool on a wire rack. Serve the Peanut Butter M&M Cookies when cool.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.