Chocolate cookie dough with white chips make an excellent twist on chocolate chip cookies in this inside out cookies recipe!
Why you sould make reverse chocolate chip cookies:
- no chilling-save time with this no chill cookie dough recipe. You can bake and eat within the hour!
- soft and chewy-the softer the cookie the better!
- no melting chocolate-this reverse chocolate chip cookie recipe gets the chocolate flavor from cocoa powder, so there is no melting chocolate on the stove involved.
Favorite ingredients to use for this inside out cookie recipe:
- butter-stick butter
- brown sugar-provides sweetnes
- vanilla-I use real vanilla
- flour-provides structure
- cocoa powder-the chocolate part
- baking soda-helps them rise
- white chocolate chips-the chips!
How to make excellent white chip cookies:
- Mix together wet ingredients first in a large bowl.
- Stir together dry ingredients, then add to wet ingredients. If you wanted to make this a one bowl recipe, you could just dump the dry ingredients directly into the wet ingredients and stir.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookies with cookie scoop onto sprayed baking sheet. ALWAYS SPRAY THE BAKING SHEET. If you do not have a cookie scoop, you can just drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto the sprayed pan as well.
Inside out cookie tips:
- See end note for cook time tips– I always burn my cookies before implementing these tips so be sure to look at my notes!
- Use a decent baking sheet-I always bake cookies using a special baking sheet I use for only cookies. This baking sheet is different from other baking sheets as it is a thicker pan. The cookies take slightly longer to bake, but using a thicker pan does make a difference.
- let cool on wire rack-but only for 1 minute! If you try and remove the inside out cookies right out of the oven, they will fall apart. You have to let them continue to bake on the pan for 1 minute, then remove from pan with a spatula.
- extra white chips-while the cookies are cooling, you can press any extra white chips on top for extra chip flavor.
Storage for these inside out cookies:
- Short term: Store at room temperature in an air tight container for about a week.
- Long term: You can freeze these cookies in a plastic bag or air tight container for about a month. Thaw out and eat.
Inside Out Cookies
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- dash of vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for about two minutes or until well mixed. Add egg and vanilla, and beat again for 1 minute.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add this to the wet ingredients little by little. Stir. Add in white chocolate chips. Stir.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop batter onto a sprayed baking pan. Do not heap the cookie scoop as these do spread out a bit. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes. Remove from oven when cookie edges are just starting to harden. Let the pan cool on a wire rack for 1 minute, then remove cookies and let them cool on a wire rack. Serve your Inside Out Cookies warm or room temp!
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.