Chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips make an excellent twist on chocolate chip cookies in this no chill inside out cookies recipe!
Why you should make reverse chocolate chip cookies:
- No chilling - save time with this no chill cookie dough recipe. You can bake and eat within the hour!
- Soft and chewy - the softer the cookie the better!
- No melting chocolate - this reverse chocolate chip cookie recipe gets the chocolate flavor from cocoa powder, so there is no melting chocolate on the stove involved.
- Butter - stick butter
- Brown sugar - provides sweetness
- Vanilla - I use real vanilla
- Flour - provides structure
- Cocoa powder - the chocolate part
- Baking soda - helps them rise
- White chocolate chips - the chips!
How to make chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips:
- Mix together wet ingredients first in a large bowl.
- Stir together dry ingredients, then add to wet ingredients. If you wanted to make this a one bowl recipe, you could just dump the dry ingredients directly into the wet ingredients and stir.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookies with cookie scoop onto sprayed baking sheet. ALWAYS SPRAY THE BAKING SHEET. If you do not have a cookie scoop, you can just drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto the sprayed pan as well.
- See end note for cook time tips - I always burn my cookies before implementing these tips so be sure to look at my notes!
- Use a decent baking sheet - I always bake cookies using a special baking sheet I use for only cookies. This baking sheet is different from other baking sheets as it is a thicker pan. The cookies take slightly longer to bake, but using a thicker pan does make a difference.
- Let cool on wire rack - but only for 1 minute! If you try and remove the cookies right out of the oven, they will fall apart. You have to let them continue to bake on the pan for 1 minute, then remove from pan with a spatula.
- Extra white chips - while the cookies are cooling, you can press any extra white chips on top for extra chip flavor.
How to store chocolate cookies:
- Short term: Store at room temperature in an air tight container for about a week.
- Long term: You can freeze these cookies in a plastic bag or air tight container for about a month. Thaw out and eat.
Inside Out Cookies
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- dash of vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar for about two minutes or until well mixed. Add egg and vanilla, and beat again for 1 minute.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Add this to the wet ingredients little by little. Stir. Add in white chocolate chips. Stir.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop batter onto a sprayed baking pan. Do not heap the cookie scoop as these do spread out a bit. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes. Remove from oven when cookie edges are just starting to harden. Let the pan cool on a wire rack for 1 minute, then remove cookies and let them cool on a wire rack. Serve your Inside Out Cookies warm or room temp!
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.