Super easy to make French Toast Muffins! Requires only 6 ingredients (bread, eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and frosting), and only a 30 minute cook time! Easy breakfast idea if you have a lot of bread on hand. This easy breakfast recipe serves about 5-6 people.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
These French Toast Muffins are one of my best muffins recipes. My other delicious muffin recipes are:
If you need more ideas on how to use bread, click here.
How to make excellent French toast:
- cut the bread-I used a pizza cutter to cut my bread. You can use a knife though.
- make the batter-this is what helps the bread stick together
- add bread to batter-it is okay if they get pretty soggy.
- pour bread batter into the muffin tins-make sure your muffin tins are sprayed
- top off muffins with cinnamon and sugar. Bake until no longer soggy. The most important part of the recipe is the cook time. I like to cut open a muffin and check if the inside is soggy. If it is no longer soggy then it is done. If it still is soggy, allow to cook for a few more minutes. Top off with frosting or syrup!
Variations for this french toast in muffin pan recipe:
- frosting-you can use any frosting you want. Scroll for my homemade frosting recipe. You can use any flavor you want.
- syrup-syrup would taste excellent on these muffins as well.
- bake in baking dish-instead of making french toast pull apart muffins, bake in a sprayed 9 x 13 baking dish instead. Then slice into slices and serve.
- croissants-instead of using bread, some people make french toast muffins with croissants. Prepare like normal but then place a few pieces of the battered croissans into the sprayed muffin tins.
- bacon-if you want a smokey flavor, you can add bacon to the mixture.
How to store this oven french toast:
- fridge-store french toast muffins in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week
- freezer-I have not tried freezing french toast muffins recipe, but you do try to freeze it, let me know how it goes!
Main ingredients to use for this easy breakfast recipe:
- bread-white loaf bread
- eggs-I use my own farm fresh eggs
- milk- whole milk
- frosting-Any dessert frosting should work! I usually make my own or use some I have in my fridge. See recipe note in recipe card for making your own frosting.
French Toast Muffins
- 1/2 loaf white bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar + extra for topping
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon + extra for topping
- frosting for drizzle
- Slice each individual bread slice into 4 slices down and across to cube it.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and cinnamon and sugar.
- Add in cubed bread to liquid mixture. Gently stir to get bread to soak up entire mixture. Some pieces of bread will come apart in the process, but this is normal. It will not affect the outcome.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray. Spoon bread mixture into these muffin tins. They do not rise all that much, so filling them to the very top is okay.
- Sprinkle top of muffins with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, cut into a muffin to make sure the middle is not still soggy. If still a tad soggy, bake for an additional 2 minutes. If not soggy, remove from oven. Scoop a little bit of frosting (1/2 tbsp) onto each muffin. Bake for an additional minute to melt the frosting. Remove from pan and serve your French Toast Muffins. Enjoy!
- My frosting recipe is taking 2 tbsp melted butter,1 tbsp milk, 3/4 cup powdered sugar, a dash of vanilla, and stirring it all together in a liquid measuring cup. Can add more milk if needing to be more runny or more powered sugar if wanting it more stiff.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.