If you like jalapeno poppers, you’ll love this jalapeno popper cups recipe! This jalapeno recipe is customizable to all heat levels as well. If you do not want a lot of heat, then just put less jalapenos in! I put about 2 chopped jalapenos in because I like everything spicy. The average person would probably only need 1 chopped jalapeno. This jalapeno popper cups recipe makes 24 normal sized muffin tin cups, which would serve about 12 people.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
Who is this jalapeno popper cup recipe good for?
How to make excellent jalapeno poppers:
- Stir together crust ingredients. The crust is the crispy part that holds together the cup or else it would have cream cheese everywhere! Then, pat down crust into the sprayed muffin tins.
- Stir together filling ingredients. This is what goes into the crust that is a lot softer. You can spoon it in.
- Top off with extra cheese and jalapenos.
- Bake until cheese is melted!
Check out my other recipes with jalapenos:
Do any muffin tins work for jalapeno popper cups?
Can I make variations?
Definitely! I always add more jalapenos than the recipe calls for because I like my mouth being on fire. You can add less jalapenos if you want less heat too.
Favorite ingredient brands to use for this jalapeno poppers recipe:
*bread crumbs-Italian style bread crumbs work well! Panko is also a good option. I also have used plain saltines for this recipe before and they worked great!
Overview of this spicy popper recipe:
- make crust-the crust is what holds this appetizer together
- pat down crust mixture in sprayed muffin tin
- make filling to go in the crust, and scoop it into each little crust
- sprinkle with extra cheese and jalapenos
How to store this spicy appetizer:
Jalapeno Popper Cups without Wonton Wrappers
- 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese + more for topping
- 1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 16 oz cream cheese
- thinly sliced Jalapenos-the amount of heat you want is the amount you put in I used 2 chopped peppers
- seasonings: salt and pepper
- Mix cheddar cheese, bread crumbs, and eggs together in a large bowl. You can add some chopped jalapenos here if you want extra kick.
- Spray 24 muffin tin wells. Pat down the cheese/breadcrumb mixture into these muffin tins like a pie crust. Ensure that the edges have a crust going up to the top.
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, jalapenos, and seasonings. Drop a spoonful of this mixture onto the crust in every muffin cup.
- Sprinkle each muffin cup with extra cheddar cheese. I placed jalapeno slices in the center of each muffin cup for appearances as well.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted on top. Remove from tin with a fork. Serve these jalapeno popper cups warm.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.