No bake cookie dough bars with chocolate chips and m&ms if you wish! This would be a good recipe to make in the summer since it is no bake. No bake=no heating up the house with the oven. This edible chocolate cookie dough recipe makes a 9x9 pan that makes about 20 bars.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
How to kill the yeast in cookie dough bars:
You're not supposed to eat flour raw. This recipe is no bake so that would mean not baking the flour. If you want to read on why you should not eat raw flour, click here. To make this edible cookie dough safe to eat, you can kill the yeast in the flour by microwaving it in a glass bowl for 1 minute stopping every 15 seconds to stir so it doesn't burn. This is an important step because you are not supposed to eat raw flour because of the germs as stated in the article. I did not know flour had germs until recently. The more you know!
Check out my other no bake dessert recipes:
- Butterfinger Dessert
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Bars
- Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
- No Bake Cookies
- Oreo Cheesecake Bites
How to make edible chocolate chip cookie dough:
- make sure flour has yeast killed-this is a vital step to not getting sick from eating raw cookie dough bars
- beat together butter and brown sugar-this will ensure the sugar is not super grainy throughout
- add flour and sweetened condensed milk
- sweeten with chocolate chips and/or m&ms
- freeze in a pan with waxed paper-I used a 9 x 9 baking dish. If you wanted to double the recipe and use a 9 x 13 dish, then that is also an option.
- melt peanut butter and chocolate chips together in the microwave
- pour on chocolate peanut butter topping when the dough is mostly frozen
Main ingredients to use for this safe to eat cookie dough recipe:
- butter- stick butter
- brown sugar-provides sweetness
- flour-adds to the base
- sweetened condensed milk-Eagle Brand. If you are out of sweetened condensed milk, and need a substitute, click here.
- peanut butter-natural or original works
How to store edible cookie dough raw:
- freezer-I recommend storing your no bake cookie dough bars in the freezer until ready to eat. Before eating, let thaw room temperature so that they are easier to take out of the pan.
- fridge-I have kept these cookie dough bars in the fridge for several days, and they cut so nicely being in the fridge. The chocolate does not melt too much to your fingers after being in the fridge.
No Bake Cookie Dough Bars
No bake cookie dough bars with chocolate chips and m&ms if you wish! This would be a good recipe to make in the summer since it is no bake. This no bake cookie dough bars with sweetened condensed milk has a chocolate topping to top off this dessert bar.
9 x 9 baking dish
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour that has the yeast killed
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Optional: ½ cup m&ms
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Mix together butter and brown sugar in a large bowl for 3-4 minutes. Add in flour and sweetened condensed milk slowly, continuously mixing throughout.
- Stir chocolate chips and m&ms if using. You can add as many m&ms as you want! I added half a cup.
- Scoop dough into a pan with waxed paper. I recommend using a 9x9 pan. Freeze for a half hour.
- When half hour is up, in a large bowl, make topping by melting chocolate chips and peanut butter by microwaving for 1 minute. Stir. If not melted quite yet microwave at 10 second intervals until melted all the way. Spread topping on cookie dough. Freeze for an additional hour.
- Cut, and serve your No Bake Cookie Dough Bars. Enjoy!
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!