My mom makes this butterfinger dessert every summer when our family from Canada comes to visit. I wouldn’t recommend eating this butterfinger dessert lasagna outside in the summer though as that will cause the ice cream to melt faster. We eat this inside with the AC! Usually there are no leftovers because this is a huge hit. We also tend to make this recipe for people’s birthday’s within the family. This butterfinger dessert with vanilla pudding recipe makes about 15 servings and is 298 kcal per serving.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
Why you should make Butterfinger cool whip dessert:
This cake recipe would suit you well if you are a whipped cream or ice cream lover. It incorporates the classic butterfinger bar into a nice candy topping. This dessert with ice cream is kind of like an ice cream cake with a graham cracker crust! If you want more ideas to bake with butterfingers, click here.
Check out my other no bake dessert recipes:
How to make butterfinger cake:
- make graham cracker crust-stir together butter and 2 cups crushed graham crackers to form the crust. This is what will keep the bottom of the cake together. Pat this mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish
- sprinkle 1 layer of candy bars onto the crust-the recipe requires you to cut the crushed butterfingers into 2 parts, so only add one part here
- ice cream/pudding/milk layer-this layer will go on top the crushed candy bars laying on top the crust
- spread on whipped cream layer
- sprinkle on graham cracker/butter/remaining butter finger layer
- finally, freeze for 2 hours. Let thaw for about 10 minutes before serving.
Favorite ingredient brands to use for this Butterfinger dessert recipe:
*graham crackers-Honey Maid
*milk-Land O’Lakes whole milk
*ice cream-Blue Bunny
How to store Butterfinger fluff dessert:
I like to store this cake in the freezer until ready for eating. Before eating, let thaw out a few minutes so that it is easier to cut and scoop out of the pan.
- 2 cups + 1/3 cup of crushed Graham crackers
- 1/2 cup melted stick butter + 2 tbsp
- 2 packages of instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 4 cups of soft not quite melting vanilla ice cream
- 4 crushed king size butterfingers in 2 bowls 2 candy bars per bowl
- 8 oz whipped cream
- Melt 1 stick of butter the microwave in a large bowl. Once melted, add 2 cups of the crushed Graham crackers. Stir. Pat into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish to form a crust. Sprinkle 1 bowl of butterfinger candy bar onto graham crackers.
- In a small bowl, melt the 2 tbsp of butter and the 1/3 cup of crushed Graham crackers. Add in second bowl of butterfingers. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together vanilla pudding and cold milk. Add in ice cream. Pour over top crushed butterfingers in pan. Spread whipped cream on top of pudding mixture. Sprinkle small bowl of graham crackers/butterfingers on top. Freeze for at least 2 hours. Serve your Butterfinger Dessert chilled!
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.