I first tried these peanut butter balls at a classroom Christmas party in high school, and my life has changed ever since! I cannot believe I had not been introduced to these sooner. Chocolate and peanut butter in a dessert is the best combination. This reindeer poop balls recipe requires little time and only 4 ingredients. It is also a no bake recipe, so no need to turn on the oven. These peanut butter balls with powdered sugar would make a great holiday treat! It makes about 24 balls and is 184.94 kcal per ball.
If you want other recipes to make with peanut butter, click here.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
Check out my other holiday recipes:
Favorite ingredient brands for this no bake peanut butter balls recipe:
- peanut butter-provides the main flavor
- butter-stick butter
- powdered sugar-adds sweetness and makes the peanut butter less sticky
- chocolate chips-for the chocolate part
Tips for making no bake peanut butter balls with powdered sugar:
Make sure the balls are hard before rolling in chocolate. I have made this recipe a few times where I thought my peanut butter balls were frozen enough, but they were not. This resulted in it being a little harder to roll them in the chocolate. This also got my chocolate tasting a little too much like peanut butter and left chunks in it. For that reason, I would recommend the peanut butter balls being fairly hard before trying to dip them.
Variations of this Christmas candy:
- decorate-obviously as seen in the pictures, my candy is simply rolled in chocolate, and that is all. You can add sprinkles and melted white chocolate to the top of them.
- other nut butters-you can try this recipe using other nut butters you have on hand besides peanut butter!
- chunky peanut butter-if you prefer more of a crunch in your candy, you can use chunky peanut butter to get that flavor.
- Most people sift their powdered sugar, however, I do not. Totally up to you if you want to! I think it tastes just fine as is.
How to make reindeer poop balls:
- peanut butter part-mix together all ingredients except chocolate. Form into balls. Freeze until they are hard.
- roll in chocolate
- freeze again!
How to store this easy no bake candy recipe:
- fridge-store this chocolate candy in an air tight container or bag in the refrigerator for up to one week
- freezer-freeze the balls in the freezer for up to one month.
Peanut Butter Balls
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 16 oz chocolate chips or 8 oz chocolate chips and 8 oz peanut butter chips
- Beat together peanut butter and melted butter in a large bowl. Slowly pour in powdered sugar until mixture forms a ball. Refrigerate for about 10-15 minutes to allow dough ball to harden.
- After 10-15 minutes is up, shape the dough into 1 inch balls. Place in the freezer on a baking tray for 15 minutes for balls to firm up.
- During that 15 minutes, melt chocolate chips or chocolate chip/peanut butter chips into a large bowl (it can be the same bowl) in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir. If not completely melted, keep melting at 10 second intervals until melted.
- When freezing time is up, drop balls 1 at a time in the melted chocolate. Take out of chocolate with a spoon. Use a spatula to wipe off any excess chocolate. Place chocolate covered ball onto a baking pan lined with waxed paper. Repeat with remaining balls. Freeze for at least an hour before serving.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.