If you love sausage, you’ll love this Sausage and Spinach Pasta recipe! I can smell this pasta as I type out this recipe, because it is that good. The sausage gives it a smoky flavor with the spinach adding a hint of veggie. This sausage spinach pasta recipe serves about 2-3 people. Can double the recipe if feeding a family. This pasta should be done in 30 minutes or less!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
Variations of sausage pasta:
For variations of this sausage spinach pasta recipe, you can add artichokes or pesto! I love the spinach artichoke flavor combination. The pesto would add a nice green color. If looking for more meat, chicken would be a great add-in. With homemade pasta, the options are endless though!
Check out my other pasta recipes:
Main ingredients to use for this quick pasta recipe:
- pasta-large elbow noodles, any shape of noodles would work though
- sausage-whatever is on sale, I usually go for a 4 pepper flavor from Eckrich, not sponsored but I really love this sausage flavor
- milk- whole milk. Can add more milk if wanting it more creamy as well.
- spinach- fresh spinach works best here
- cheese-I shred my own
Overview of how to make sausage spinach macaroni pasta:
- cook pasta according to box directions
- add olive oil, sausage, spinach, onion, and garlic to a large pot-cook until fragrant
- add milk and shredded cheese to pot, then add cooked pasta
How to store sausage spinach elbow pasta:
- fridge-store this spinach pasta recipe in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week
- freezer-this recipe can be a freezer meal! Cook recipe according to directions, but then let it cool and place in a freezer container. Freeze for about a month. When ready to eat, place pasta in a 9 x 13 baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for about an hour.
Sausage and Spinach Pasta
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 box of 16 oz large elbow pasta
- 1/2 lb of sliced sausage
- 1/2 bag spinach
- 1/4 medium yellow onion
- 3 tbsp garlic
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook elbow macaroni in a large pot according to directions on box. Once fully cooked, drain pasta into a colander. Place pot back on stove while allowing pasta to drain in sink.
- In same pot over medium heat, add olive oil, sausage, spinach, onion, and garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant and onion is translucent.
- Add in milk and shredded cheese to the pot. Cook until cheese is stringy. Add back in pasta to pot. Stir around until well mixed. Serve your Sausage and Spinach Pasta hot.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.