I found this easy Lemon Pudding Pie recipe in my grandma’s stash of recipe cards! It has a jello texture with a nice layer of whipped cream on top! Lemon is one of my favorite flavors, so I was excited to make this recipe. It is very quick to make, however, it does have an 4 hour refrigerator time period. This would be perfect if you wanted to make this recipe before work, and then come home to it set for you to eat!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it. In the footer of this page is my full disclosure policy.
Favorite ingredient brands to use for this lemon pudding pie recipe:
- crust-I made mine using a recipe from online. If you want the recipe, click here.
- lemon instant pudding and pie filling-Jello
- pie filling-name brand
- cool whip-name brand and a store-brand would work here
Overview of how to make this easy lemon pie recipe:
- first, make filling in pot-even though this lemon pudding pie recipe requires chill time, the Jello lemon pie filling does have to be brought to a boil
- next, let filling cool-you do not want a scalding hot filling going into your pie crust pan
- then, after it is a little cooler, spread pie filling on top of graham cracker crust
- finally, refrigerate for 8 hours or until you believe it is set, serve with whipped cream!
Do I have to refrigerate my lemon pudding pie for THAT long?
The recipe calls for 8 hours, but if you wish to eat it sooner, you definitely can. As long as the filling is set, then you can eat it. I like to let mine sit a long time just to be sure it is done.
What to serve with easy lemon pie with graham cracker crust:
As you can see in the pictures, lemon pudding pie with cool whip not only looks good, but it tastes amazing as well! Ice cream could be a great topping as well.
Variations of this lemon pudding dessert:
- make in a 9×13 pan-this lemon pudding pie recipe can also be made in a larger rectangular pan if you double the recipe.
- make in an 8×8 pan-this easy lemon dessert does not have to be made in a pie pan! An 8×8 pan would also work if you baked a graham cracker crust in it. I used a Pyrex Glass Bakeware Pie Plate as shown in the pictures. If you want to get some for yourself, under $25 for two is a pretty good deal.
- an entire whipped cream layer-you can make this a 3 layer lemon pudding pie if you put whipped cream over the entire top instead of just in the middle.
What if my no bake pudding pie won’t set?
Make sure to use cows milk instead of plant-based milk. The whole cows milk will have more fat in it that helps the pie set. If it still won’t set, place in the freezer or fridge longer. Sometimes it just needs more time.
How to store lemon pie filling cake:
- fridge-store this lemon cake with pudding mix recipe in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week
- freezer-you can freeze this pie, but make sure to serve frozen as well. Don’t let it thaw in the fridge or else the whipped cream (if you put it on before freezing) could melt off the top.
Check out my other pie recipes:
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 3 oz package of instant vanilla pudding
- 3 oz package of lemon pudding/pie filling
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 2 cups cool whip
- In a medium sauce pan, stir together vanilla pudding, lemon pudding/pie filling, water, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes, pour lemon pie filling into the graham cracker crust. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Top off with cool whip.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.