I found this easy Lemon Pudding Pie recipe in my grandma's stash of recipe cards! It has a jello texture with a nice layer of whipped cream on top! It is very quick to make, however, it does have an refrigerator time period. This would be perfect if you wanted to make this recipe before work, and then come home to it set for you to eat!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it. In the footer of this page is my full disclosure policy.
Lemon Pie Ingredients:
- Crust - I made mine using a homemade graham cracker crust recipe I found online, you can use a store bought one as well.
- Vanilla instant pudding pie filling - helps with the texture
- Lemon pie filling - makes the lemon flavor
- Water - helps make the filling
- Cool whip- for topping, you can also make homemade whipped cream
How to make lemon pudding pie:
- first, make filling in pot-even though this easy lemon pudding pie recipe requires chill time, the Jello lemon pie filling does have to be brought to a boil
- next, let filling cool-you do not want a scalding hot filling going into your pie crust pan
- then, after it is a little cooler, spread pie filling on top of graham cracker crust
- finally, refrigerate for 8 hours or until you believe it is set, serve with whipped cream!
Tips for making lemon pudding pie:
- Do I have to refrigerate my lemon pudding pie for THAT long? The recipe calls for 8 hours, but if you wish to eat it sooner, you definitely can, it will just taste the same as it would if waiting the full amount of time.
- What if my no bake pudding pie won't set? Make sure to use cows milk instead of plant-based milk. The whole cows milk will have more fat in it that helps the pie set. If it still won't set, place in the freezer or fridge longer. Sometimes it just needs more time.
- Make in a 9x13 pan - this easy lemon pudding pie recipe can also be made in a larger rectangular pan if you double the recipe.
- Make in an 8x8 pan - this easy lemon dessert does not have to be made in a pie pan! An 8x8 pan would also work if you baked a graham cracker crust in it. I used a Pyrex Glass Bakeware Pie Plate as shown in the pictures. If you want to get some for yourself, under $25 for two is a pretty good deal.
- An entire whipped cream layer - you can make this a 3 layer lemon pudding pie if you put whipped cream over the entire top instead of just in the middle.
What to serve with easy lemon pie with graham cracker crust:
As you can see in the pictures, lemon pudding pie with cool whip not only looks good, but it tastes amazing as well! Ice cream could be a great topping as well.
How to store:
- Fridge - store this lemon cake with pudding mix recipe in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. You can also cover with plastic wrap and leave it pie tin.
- Freezer - you can freeze this pie, but make sure to serve frozen as well. Don't let it thaw in the fridge or else the whipped cream (if you put it on before freezing) could melt off the top.
Check out my other pie recipes:
Lemon Pie with Pudding
- 1 graham cracker crust
- 3 oz package of instant vanilla pudding
- 3 oz package of lemon pudding/pie filling
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 2 ⅓ cups water
- 2 cups cool whip
- In a medium sauce pan, stir together vanilla pudding, lemon pudding/pie filling, water, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes, pour lemon pie filling into the graham cracker crust. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Top off with cool whip.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.
This looks amazing, I can't wait to try this recipe, thanks for sharing.
This looks amazing! I really need this in my like right now 😋
Looks absolutely gorgeous! Can’t wait to try it out! Thanks for sharing!