Satisfy your cravings for a creamy touch of decadence in a cup. In only 3 ingredients, you can whip up this year's best holiday dessert drink at home! All you need is simple ingredients - ice cream, eggnog, and cinnamon - to whip up this tasty, creamy concoction to a treat in the form of a rich and creamy eggnog milkshake.
Who says you can't have a festive Christmas drink when you're living gluten-free? Check out this eggnog Christmas shake recipe that's bursting with holiday cheer. Just make sure the ice cream you are using is gluten free.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it. In the footer of this page is my full disclosure policy.
What is an eggnog milkshake?
This recipe has whipped cream, ice cream, and of course eggnog! Blended in a blender. You can choose any toppings you want such as crushed gingersnaps, peppermint candies, candy canes, and even cinnamon and nutmeg on top!
How to make an eggnog milkshake:
Pour all ingredients together in a blender and blend for a milkshake better than McDonald's!
Variations for an eggnog milkshake:
- rum-eggnog milkshake with rum is an option for an adult drink. Just make sure if there are kids at your Christmas party that you make a kids version and an adult version
- add banana-if you want to make your eggnog milkshake healthier you can add a banana for extra nutrients without changing the flavor too much. With a banana eggnog milkshake, you can hardly taste the banana.
- peppermint-if you are into the minty flavor of Christmas as well as the pumpkin pie spices, try adding some peppermint oil to your shake!
- eggnog ice cream-to make this milkshake taste even more like eggnog, you can make it with eggnog ice cream instead of vanilla ice cream. You will really be feeling the eggnog then!
- vanilla-adding vanilla could be a great Christmas flavor addition!
- more eggnog-if you want your shake a thinner texture, more eggnog will do the trick
- milk-after adding all the ingredients together, if you want to cut calories and make the texture thinner, try adding some skim milk instead. This will leave you with the same great flavor, but less calories and thickness.
- Use soft ice cream. It is not worth using hard ice cream straight out of the freezer and breaking your scooper.
- thin or thick is up to you! Add more or less eggnog for different consistency.
Can you make this christmas drink ahead of time?
You can make this milkshake ahead of time and put it in the fridge! It might change consistencies the longer it is in the fridge though. Be careful about that.
When can I buy eggnog?
Eggnog may start appearing in larger grocery stores like Sam's Club or Walmart in as early as September. Other smaller store may start serving the drink in October, closer to Halloween.
How to make alocholic eggnog shake?
You can add a shot of spiced rum or vodka per cup to make this a boozy adult drink.
What if I do not have a blender?
We did not have a blender as a kid. For milkshakes, we used an electric milkshake hand blender. It worked like a charm! You can also make it in the same cup you pour it in and it provides more individually for people to customize their own drinks.
How to store:
- Store your eggnog shake in the fridge if you want to drink some now and then some later.
- Leftovers can be kept in a freezer safe container with a lid for up to 3 months. Let soften a little and blend, or eat like regular eggnog flavored ice cream!
- Another freezing option would be to make popsicles! Pour leftovers into a popsicle mold. Freeze until frozen and ready to eat.
What eggnog milkshake goes good with:
How to make eggnog milkshake is pretty simple, so it can be paired with any snack, dinner, or meal because it won't take up much time at all. Christmas tree bread, crustless apple pie, eggnog cookies, peanut butter balls, etc are great starts!
Eggnog Milkshake Recipe
- ½ cup eggnog
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 scoops whipped cream
- In a personal sized blender cup, place ingredients. Blend for 1 minute until blended throughout.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.