These Cheesy Hashbrowns taste just like the hashbrown patties from the Casey's gas station! They are cheesy, crispy, and salty. These are also individual serving sized, so you can make the hashbrown patties as big or small as you want per person.
If not feeding a lot of people, you can cut the cheesy hashbrowns recipe in half. This recipe makes enough to feed about 8 people. We always eat these leftover as well! Leftovers taste great in the air fryer.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
Favorite ingredient brands to use for this best hash brown recipe:
- eggs-farm fresh
- shredded cheese-Kraft, not sponsored, but this is the specific cheese I used
- butter-stick butter
- seasonings-to add flavor
Overview of gas station hashbrowns recipe:
- shred potatoes and place them in a bowl of cold water-the water will help get the starch off the potatoes.
- drain and dry potatoes-make sure to pat the potatoes with a towel after draining the water.
- stir together remaining ingredients in a bowl, then add the shredded potatoes and stir
- form potato patties, and fry them until they are brown on each side. You can only do a few at a time unless you have multiple pans going.
What to serve with cheesy hashbrowns:
These cheesy hashbrown potatoes are a great side for a meat such as hamburgers. In fact, you could put these on your hamburger if you made them the same size! They also make a great breakfast idea. You can meal prep these by making a batch, and freezing the leftovers. That way, you can eat them as you need them.
How to store cheesy hashbrowns:
- fridge-store this side dish in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week
- freezer-I have not tried freezing these potatoes. If you would like to try it, go for it! Let me know how it goes.
- 5 lbs potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup melted butter room temp
- seasonings to add at your own desire: Cajun, pepper, garlic salt, oregano, basil
- olive oil for frying
- Shred potatoes. Place shreddings in bowl of cold water. Strain. Dry out the same previous bowl with a paper towel, place a towel in a bowl to absorb the excess water. Pour potatoes onto towel.
- Stir together eggs, flour, cheddar cheese, butter, and seasonings in a very large bowl. Add in shredded potatoes.
- In a large frying pan, pour a tablespoon of olive oil in. Form a thin patty with the hashbrown mixture and place in pan with oil. Repeat until pan is full. Cook until golden brown on each side on medium heat. When done, place on a paper towel on a plate to absorb the oil. Repeat until all hashbrowns become patties. Serve your Cheesy Hashbrowns warm!
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.