What's better than packaged ramen noodles? Fried ramen noodles! What is fried ramen? This dish is made by making ramen the traditional way, but then draining most of the broth out of it before frying the ramen in precooked vegetables and meat. This stir fry recipe is perfect for those busy days you just need a meal on the table!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it. In the footer of this page is my full disclosure policy.
Why you will love fried ramen noodles:
- Better than packaged ramen soup - stir fry ramen is so much more flavorful. Similar to my spicy ramen recipe, but fried.
- Many variations - see variations listed below of the many ingredients you can add to make this ramen stir fry recipe your own!
- Get your veggies in - while making this stir fry, you hardly know you are eating vegetables it is so good
- 20 minute recipe - super easy and quick meal to put on the table for a weeknight
Stir fry ramen noodles ingredients
- Chopped flank steak - provides protein but you can also use chicken, tofu, shrimp, etc
- Steamed brussel sprouts - get those veggies in!
- Beef flavor ramen noodles - pairs well with the beef protein
- Water - helps cook the ramen
- Chili oil - adds flavor
- Soy sauce - provides the Chinese flavor
- Salt and pepper - simple seasoning goes a long way
Variations of fried instant ramen recipe:
- Omit beef - you can make this fried ramen recipe vegetarian very easily by taking out the beef. Depending on how strict on being a vegetarian you are, if the beef broth bothers you, then use vegetable broth instead.
- Microwave noodles - Marchuan ramen comes in a variety of cooking methods. You can make fried noodles in microwave instead of boiling on stove, then pan fry the noodles with the meat and vegetables if you want. This would save dishes by using the Styrofoam microwavable container.
- More soy sauce - fried ramen noodles with soy sauce tastes amazing, but adding even more soy sauce can be even better! You can even make your own soy sauce to use if you really wanted to.
- Different vegetables - to me, noodles is a perfect way to hide the Brussel sprouts in your food. If you do not prefer Brussel sprouts, you can add different vegetables instead like tomatoes, eggplant, cucumbers, squash, etc.
- Use different noodles - the recipe says instant ramen noodles as this is an instant ramen upgrade, but if you want to use leftover spaghetti noodles or angel hair noodles, you can skip the boiling part and just go straight to the frying part. This may taste slightly different without the broth part. If you want to soak them in a little chicken broth before frying to get the flavor back, you can do that as well.
- Make less spicy - if you wanted to make your fried ramen with less spice, use olive oil instead of chili oil. Or if you wanted to dilute the chili oil down a bit, you can do so by making your own chili oil!
What to serve with instant ramen stir fry:
Baked crab rangoons can be a great appetizer for this fried ramen noodles with vegetables recipe. Since this is more of a stir fry, any meat you want to add to make fried ramen noodles with can just be added to the stir fry. Always fully cook the meat before adding to the noodles. Other options are general tso chicken and Chinese noodle soup!
How to store spicy fried ramen stir fry:
- Fridge - store this in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week
- Freezer - I have not tried freezing this fried ramen. If you would like to try it, go for it! Let me know how it goes.
Fried Ramen Noodles with Beef
- 1 cup chopped flank steak
- 1 bag steamed brussel sprouts
- 1 package beef flavor ramen noodles
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoon chili oil
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Fry steak in large pan with 2 tablespoon chili oil until fully cooked on both sides. Then, steam brussel sprouts and add them to the pan. Add remaining chili oil.
- Make ramen noodles with water in small sauce pan according to package directions. When noodles are fully cooked, pour out half the water. Add broth seasoning and let stand for 5 minutes while continuing to saute the steak and brussel sprouts.
- When 5 minutes is up, dump most of the water out of sauce pan. Add noodles to the steak and brussel sprouts. Stir until well combined. Add soy sauce and seasonings. Serve fried ramen noodles hot.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.