This loaded fries recipe is super easy side dish to make since how to make loaded fries doesn't take that long. Total time prep and cook time for this comfort food is less than a half hour. You can add other spices to your bacon fries to make it your own as well!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
Ingredients for cheesy fries:
- Bacon - provides protein and a smokey flavor
- Fries - store bought fries save the most time. You can make homemade fries too for this recipe as well. Waffle fries are most ideal though because they are the biggest cut fries and hold more toppings. Steak fries are also an option.
- Cheddar cheese - shredded, shredding it yourself makes it taste better because it melts with ease.
How to make loaded French fries:
- Place fries on rimmed baking sheet. They can be over lapping.
- Bake fries, and flip them over about half way through cook time. This will allow them to cook more evenly. If your oven has uneven heating like how mine does, be sure to rotate the pan halfway through too.
- Add toppings, finish baking. It really is just that easy!
- More jalapeno - if you wanted your loaded cheese fries to be more spicy, add more jalapeno.
- Less jalapeno - you can omit the jalapenos if you would like a more mild carb dish.
- Onions - you can add onions if you want this recipe to have more of a zing. Green onion tops would also add color to the dish!
- Cheese variations - any shredded cheese would taste good on crack fries.
- Cook bacon on top of fries - place fries on a sprayed baking sheet. Place a wire rack over top and add bacon. This would allow the bacon fat to drip on the fries, creating more of a bacon flavor. This would also allow the bacon to become more crunchy not baking in its own oil. Fried and bacon cooking at the same time are a huge time savor as well.
Cheese fries with bacon FAQ:
Can I reheat these?
The fries will not get as crispy reheated. If you do have leftovers though, reheat in microwave or air fryer until heated throughout.
Can I use nacho cheese?
You can use any cheese you would like. Nacho cheese would make these more creamy cheese sauce.
Will sweet potatoes work?
You can use sweet potato fries for a sweet and savory meal.
What are dipping sauces?
Dip these fries in pesto, ranch, blue cheese, buffalo sauce, etc.
How to store bacon loaded fries:
- Fridge - store this game day appetizer in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. How to reheat cheese fries is fairly simple as well. Just pop in microwave and check every 30 seconds to ensure temp is warm throughout. You can always add additional toppings to your leftovers as well.
- Freezer - I have not tried freezing these loaded fries. I know for a fact that the potatoes themselves are freezable, but I am not sure how it would taste all together being frozen and thawing again. If you would like to try freezing these loaded fries, let me know how it goes!
Homemade Loaded Cheese Fries
- 1 12 oz package of cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1 32 oz bag of fries
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese
- 1 small diced jalapeno
- sour cream for topping
- Arrange package of fries on sprayed baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. If air frying, arrange fries in a single layer and fry at 400 degrees for about 8 minutes.
- After the set time for either oven or air fryer, flip them over and add the bacon, cheese, and jalapenos. Bake for an additional 10 minutes for oven and 6 for air fryer. Top your Loaded Fries with sour cream and serve!
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.