Cream cheese scrambled eggs make for some very fluffy eggs! I had never thought about adding cream cheese instead of a ton of shredded cheese to eggs before this! I usually cook my eggs until very done, so the cream cheese makes them have a creamy texture they would not have had previously. I used these eggs for breakfast burritos, but you can use them for anything you want! I liked them in the breakfast burritos because they provided a soft texture that went nicely with the sausage. They also taste great plain since they are very soft and cheesy. Your guests will wonder how you got them so soft! The secret is cream cheese. How to make cheese eggs is so easy. Eggs whipped and beaten together then heated with salt, bell peppers, butter, cream cheese, and more cheese while continuously stirring. This scrambled eggs with cheese recipe serves around 4-5 people.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
If you want to see more Philadelphia cheese recipes, click here.
Describe the taste of scrambled eggs with cream cheese:
Traditional scrambled eggs have more of a hard coating and a soft center. They are chewy and easy to eat if you have a swallowing disorder. Adding cream cheese makes them even softer and melt in your mouth yummy!
Favorite ingredient brands to use for this Philadelphia cream cheese recipe:
- butter-Crystal Farms stick butter; I find stick butter easier to measure to cut
- eggs-farm fresh eggs, store bought eggs would work too, just make sure they are jumbo or else you might have to add 1 more to the recipe though since store eggs are smaller than my farm fresh eggs.
- cream cheese-Philadelphia
- marble jack cheese– I used Kraft, but any brand and any flavor of cheese of your choosing would work as well. Shredding your own makes it easier to melt.
What to serve scrambled eggs with Philadelphia cream cheese with:
These cream cheese scrambled eggs can be used for so many dishes! My favorite is breakfast burritos. They also taste great by themselves!
Variations of cream cheese scrambled eggs:
- add meat-you can add any sort of breakfast meat like bacon, ham, sausage, etc to add protein to your eggs! This might affect the texture depending on how crispy the meats are though
- different cheeses-any sort of cheese pairs well with eggs! Use whatever cheese you have on hand.
- more veggies-if you are looking to add more vegetables, tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, etc are great adds to eggs.
- bigger cream cheese chunks-this recipe is written for small pieces of cream cheese, but you can use bigger pieces if you want a heavier cream cheese flavor.
Check out my other lunch recipes:
How to store cream cheese scrambled eggs:
- fridge-I personally do not like eating leftover eggs, but if you wanted to eat the cream cheese scrambled eggs leftovers the next day, you can store them in an air tight container in the fridge. Reheat them in the microwave.
- freezer-there are some people that freeze eggs. I do not know how these would thaw out though because of the cream cheese. If you wanted to keep them in a freezer safe container, and heat up later, you’re welcome to try it!
Cream Cheese Scrambled Eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper optional
- 6 eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese soft
- 1 cup shredded marble jack cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Place butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. If using bell pepper, place in pan with butter, cook until peppers turn a lighter color green. If not using bell pepper, just leave butter in pan to melt.
- While peppers are cooking or butter melting if not using peppers, whisk together eggs and cream cheese in a large bowl with a fork. Stir in marble jack cheese and salt and pepper. Pour into the skillet with butter. Cook until desired hardness. Serve the cream cheese scrambled eggs with toast and bacon or sausage!
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.