Sausage cream cheese bites will always be a family favorite using this sausage cups recipe. This would be a very easy recipe to make in the morning before work or school as it only takes 20 minutes to make. This sausage cups with cream cheese recipe is a great recipe is you need to use up those refrigerator biscuits hiding in the back of your fridge. You don't have to use the syrup, but it's all up to personal preference! How to make homemade sausage biscuits is so easy!
This sausage and cram cheese recipe makes 16 muffin cups. You can cut the recipe in half if needing less servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it. In the footer of this page is my full disclosure policy.
Favorite ingredient brands to use for this sausage cup recipe:
*sausage-I recommend using a breakfast sausage. I have deer sausage from deer season so I use that sausage for everything. This would definitely be more breakfast like if it was made with breakfast sausage though.
*syrup-your favorite breakfast syrup would work great
How to make easy cheesy sausage biscuit bites:
- cook sausage until browned, add other ingredients except biscuits
- pat biscuits into a crust shape in a sprayed muffin tin. Scoop in cream cheese sausage mixture.
- bake, and serve with syrup!
If you need other easy breakfast ideas, click here.
Tips for baking sausage cups with cream cheese:
- good sausage-make sure you are using breakfast sausage, or a sausage that is not beer flavored or anything too savory. Sometimes I cut open brats and use them as sausage. You can do that here too, but again, make sure they are more of a sweet flavor
- do not over cook sausage-it is easy to burn sausage while browning. I recommend stirring as much as possible to ensure one side does not get black while the other sides stay pink/grey.
- ensure biscuits are done-to make sure the biscuits are done, pop one out of the pan after removing them from the oven. Feel if the edges are doughy. If they are doughy, bake 2-3 more minutes or until no longer doughy. If they are not doughy, keep the cups out of the oven, and remove them from pan.
What to serve with sausage bites:
I like to dip mine in syrup! If wanting a larger breakfast, you could serve this dish with pancakes or waffles!
How to store sausage and cream cheese biscuit bites:
- fridge-store this breakfast food in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week
- freezer-I have not tried freezing this stuffed biscuit recipe. If you would like to try it, go for it! Let me know how it goes.
Check out my other sausage recipe:
- 1 lb sausage I used deer
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoon syrup
- seasonings to add at own preference: celery salt, garlic salt, pepper
- 2 cans biscuits 16 count total
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until lightly browned. Add rest of ingredients to skillet, except biscuits. Stir together until combined and cheese is melted.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray. Pat each biscuit into a cup on the pan so that it makes a crust. Heap tablespoons of the sausage cheese mixture into the biscuit. The biscuit will expand, so do not fill to plum full of sausage.
- Bake for 10-12 mins at 400 degrees. Serve the sausage cups hot.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.
Perfectly delightful recipe!
These look good!
Yum, so easy for breakfast!
These look so delicious - can't wait to make them this week!
I love sausage and I cannot wait to make these!! They look yummy!
This sausage cups looks delicious.
Great recipe! We loved it!
This is my new go-to breakfast!
Jessica Formicola says
I want to try something new for our Easter brunch this year, and these sausage cups have made the list! Can't wait to try them!
A winner....all in one breakfast!!