Garlic parmesan asparagus is one of the best ways to eat asparagus! Even those asparagus haters will be loving this parmesan crusted asparagus recipe. This recipe includes both oven and asparagus in air fryer instructions.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it. In the footer of this page is my full disclosure policy.
Do I wash asparagus before cooking:
Yes, always rinse and dry your asparagus before cooking. It doesn't take very long to do so and gets the potential dirt off!
How to trim asparagus:
You technically do not have to cut the ends off the asparagus, but I like to cut the bottom off so it is not as woody. To do so, you could use a knife. However, not every piece of the vegetable stops getting woody at the same part. I recommend gently trying to snap each piece of the vegetable about ¾ of the way down the stalk. It will break at the weak part. Then, throw the woody end away (or save for vegetable stock) and prepare the rest for the recipe.
How to choose asparagus
If you notice the asparagus at the grocery store looks wrinkled, limp, or has a rather soft stalk, do not buy it. This means it is already bad. The stalks should be green and firm to the touch. If you leave your asparagus in your fridge for too long and it starts to look like all the bad asparagus signs, then you know you should have made this recipe sooner!
How to make parmesan baked asparagus
- Prepare asparagus - olive oil helps the garlic and parmesan stick
- Sprinkle yummy ingredients - what makes the asparagus edible!
- Bake - helps parmesan and garlic stick to stalk
Air fryer instructions:
Prepare the recipe the same way except place in an air fryer basket for about 6 minutes or until parmesan is slightly browned.
Variations of this parmesan crusted asparagus recipe:
- Different seasonings - you can switch up the seasonings as much as you want in this recipe! Additional seasonings you might like are steak seasoning, oregano, parsley, etc.
- Use an air fryer instead of oven - you can make garlic parmesan asparagus in the air fryer as well! Prepare as normal, place in air fryer, and cook for half the time stated.
- Grilled parmesan asparagus - you can put the prepared asparagus in tinfoil and place on the grill for about 10 minutes or until asparagus is soft.
- Bacon wrapped asparagus with parmesan cheese - if you wanted to wrap the asparagus in bacon after putting the oil and seasonings on, and then put the parmesan on top of that, it would be super yummy and an even better source of protein
Tips for making garlic parmesan roasted asparagus
- Prepare on same pan - use the same pan you plan on baking the asparagus on to prepare the asparagus. Less dishes to clean up!
- Aluminum foil - some people like using aluminum foil or parchment paper on their baking sheets to prevent sticking and staining
How to store:
- Fridge - store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week
- Freezer - I have not tried freezing this. If you would like to try it, go for it! Let me know how it goes.
What baked asparagus goes good with:
Steak, tofu, chicken, or another type of meat go excellent with asparagus! I also like to make asparagus for lunches and eat it by itself. This recipe is comparable to roasted spicy brussel sprouts. They go with everything too!
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus woody part trimmed
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
If using oven
- Spray baking sheet and place asparagus in an even layer. Using your hands, lather the asparagus in olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Rub the seasonings into the asparagus. Then, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake garlic parmesan asparagus at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until parmesan is toasted. Serve hot.
If using air fryer
- Spray air fryer basket and distribute asparagus in an even layer. Lather asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Rub this into the asparagus with your hands. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Air fry at 375 degrees for about 6 minutes or until parmesan is toasted.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.