Air fryer spicy brussel sprouts are the best way to eat sprouts. This vegetable recipe gluten free, dairy free, vegan and is a spicy food connoisseur's dream side dish. There are several options on how to customize this brussels sprout recipe to your own taste, so keep reading!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it. In the footer of this page is my full disclosure policy.
- Soy sauce - pairs well with a vegetable
- Crushed garlic - for flavor
- Red chili flakes - makes the chili oil for spice
- Microwavable bag brussel sprouts - microwave cooks the sprout before they air fry so that they do not release a bunch of moisture into the chili oil while air frying
- Olive oil - helps make the chili oil since we are using chili oil instead of hot sauce
How to make spicy brussels sprout:
- Steam - cooking before tossing in sauce is necessary because moisture will be released out of the vegetable while cooking prior to the sauce. It would get watery otherwise
- Cut - cut brussel sprouts in half, this is optional, but they do go a long ways cut in half
- Toss - toss with your homemade chili oil in a large bowl
- Air fry - cook to blend flavors
- Oven roast - you can make spicy roasted Brussel sprouts in the oven if you do not have an air fryer! Follow the same directions, but put them in the oven instead of air fryer. You can broil them for about 2 minutes on a lower rack and get the same effect.
- Add a protein - spicy brussel sprouts with bacon are a show stopper! Bacon is the most obviously protein to add, and they taste pretty good that way. Just add cooked bacon to the mixture in the bowl.
- Additional spices - if you need additional spice, add more red pepper flakes or garlic! You could even add a sauce like sriracha. You just have to try to find something that works for you!
How to store roasted brussel sprouts:
- Fridge - store this side dish vegetable recipe in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. I like to portion out the leftovers and take them to work for lunch!
- Freezer - I have not tried freezing this recipe. If you would like to try it, go for it! Let me know how it goes.
What to serve with:
Brussel sprouts of any kind go excellent with meat and potatoes! When the brussel sprouts are spicy though, they are the star of the show when it comes to being an addition to a basic meal of meat and potatoes. Sometimes I bring brussels sprout for my lunch to work just to eat as a main dish because I love them so much!
Check out my other vegetable recipes
If you are not super into vegetables, you have to check out my recipes! I don't like vegetables but these recipes are the only way I will eat my vegetables. They are worth a shot if you or your kids are having troubles eating your vegetables
If you want more wants to sneak vegetables into your diet Eating Well has a great article for that!
Spicy Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 1 microwavable bag brussel sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Microwave your brussel sprouts in bag according to directions. In the meantime, sit together rest of ingredients in a medium sized bowl using a spatula
- When brussel sprouts are done cooking in microwave, dump them on a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Add to bowl with mixture and stir.
- Once evenly coated in mixture, add to sprayed air fryer basket and air fry for about 5 minutes at 400 degrees. If your basket is not big enough, you can air fry in batches. Serve your spicy roasted brussel sprouts hot!
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.