Air fryer twice baked potatoes are a fast way to make baked potatoes! Why twice baked potatoes? Twice baked potatoes are like regular baked potatoes but twice baked potatoes with bacon and cheese really take the side dish to another level! Reheating air fryer twice baked potatoes is fairly simple as well. Just pop them back in the air fryer.
You can make air fryer twice baked potatoes with leftover baked potatoes preparing the same way, obviously you do not have to recook the entire potato in step 1 though.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it. In the footer of this page is my full disclosure policy.
Why you will love this recipe:
- air fryer-no need to heat up your whole house using the oven for this recipe!
- side dish-pairs well with meat, veggies, seafood, pretty much anything!
- ingredients-this recipe doesn't require more than 4 ingredients
Ingredients you will need:
- potato-russet potatoes work best because of the study skin.
- stuffing-cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon and spices make up the stuffing portion.
- topping-extra ingredients of cheese and bacon and spices go on top!
How to make twice baked potatoes in the air fryer:
Making twice baked potatoes in air fryer is a very simple concept!
- air fry the potatoes-I like to coat mine in olive oil and add some salt and pepper to them. Make sure to stab enough holes in the potatoes so they don't explode!
- scoop out insides-I use a knife and cut a border around the edges of my potato that is split in half. This makes it easier for me to scoop out because then the skin doesn't break by force.
- add ingredients to insides-this is what makes the potatoes really good
- stuff and bake again-this will help melt the cheese. The cheese will already be somewhat melty by the heat of the potato insides, but this will really allow the flavors to blend more.
Variations of twice baked potatoes to try:
- add butter-this recipe is for air fryer twice baked potatoes without butter, but if you wanted to add butter to the inside contents of the potato skin for extra flavor, you can do that
- add milk-twice baked potatoes without milk does make the blend of the inside contents a bit harder. You can add milk for easy stirring.
- extra cream cheese-more cream cheese is definitely an option for more creaminess!
- add sour cream-this recipe is for twice baked potatoes without sour cream, but you can add sour cream for extra creamiess as well.
- omit cream cheese-you can take out the cream cheese and add sour cream for a more cost effective option
- make vegetarian-bacon is not for everyone. You can still make this air fryer twice baked potato recipe without bacon and have it taste good.
What air fryer twice baked potatoes go good with:
Air fryer twice baked potatoes and steak go quite nice together! Almost like how they are served at a steakhouse. Shrimp and twice baked potatoes also pair well for a more elaborate dinner.
How do I prevent the skins from falling apart?
You don't need to scoop out the whole inside of the potato and have it just be skin left. Doing so would lose some of the shape. You can leave a hint of potato in the inside to help the baked potato stay in the shape of a baked potato.
How to cook twice baked potatoes in the oven?
This baked potato recipe can be made in the oven if you do not have an air fryer. It will just take twice as long. Follow the same directions but just use the oven instead of an air fryer and baked on a sprayed 9x13 baking sheet.
How to store twice baked potatoes with Philadelphia cream cheese:
- fridge-store this twice baked potatoes with cream cheese recipe in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week
- freezer-can twice baked potatoes be frozen? Yes you can put the potatoes in foil and freeze them. Let thaw in the fridge and reheat in the air fryer!
Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 russet potatoes
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese + extra for garnish
- ½ cup cooked, crumbled bacon + extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon of each: salt, pepper, garlic salt
- Using a fork, stab each potato all over to create vents. Place in air fryer basket. Air fry for 15 minutes at 400 degrees or until fork can easily penetrate through the potato.
- When potatoes are cooked, cut each potato in half. Along the edges of the potato skin, cut a border in the inside of the cooked potato. This will help the skin not break while scooping out inside contents.
- Using a spoon, scoop out inside of potato contents and place in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Stir until combined. Using a spoon, stuff potato skins with mixture from bowl. Sprinkle extra bacon and shredded cheese on top. Place back in the air fryer (you might need to do this in batches) for about 5-8 minutes or until cheese on top is melted.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.