This is the only way I will eat green bean recipe I will eat, so I thought I would share these spicy garlic green beans for anyone else who does not like eating beans! If you like spice and garlic, this vegetable recipe is for you.
If you or a loved one does not like vegetables, try different types of seasonings to doctor it up! You might be surprised how it tastes when flavored differently. With this method, I have taught myself how to even like Brussel sprouts. Recipe for that coming soon!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
What to serve with this garlic green beans recipe:
- protein-meat goes so well with this vegetable always!
- pasta-sometimes when you want to break up all the carbs from the pasta and breadsticks, a vegetable like beans is sure to do the trick!
Check out my other vegetable dishes:
Can I use fresh beans?
Yes you can! Just boil the beans until tender, and then complete the rest of the recipe. If you need other ideas on how to use fresh beans, click here.
Variations of easy green beans:
- more spice-extra cayenne pepper would give this side dish more of a kick! You can also add hot sauce to make it more spicy.
- add mushrooms-some people like the flavor combo of beans and mushrooms! Add in some mushrooms to the microwaveable bowl before cooking.
- omit french fried onions-fried onions really top this vegetable dish off, but if you are trying to cut calories, they are not a necessity.
- more garlic-you can always add more garlic!
- add bacon-cooked bacon mixed in these microwaved green beans is also tasty if you want to make this a nonvegetarian recipe.
Favorite ingredients to use in this easy green bean recipe:
- beans-Green Giant or Best Choice
- cayenne pepper-McCormick
- french fried onions-French’s
How to store:
- fridge-store this vegetable dish in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- freezer-I have not tried freezing this dish before! If you want to try it, let me know how it goes!
Spicy Garlic Green Beans
- 1 14.5 oz can green beans drained
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- seasonings to add in amounts of your choice: salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp french fried onions
- Microwave green beans mixed with the garlic in a microwave safe bowl for about 1 minute or until hot. Season with seasonings. Stir in french fried onions. Serve your Spicy Garlic Green Beans hot!
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.