3 cheese mac and cheese is the ultimate mac and cheese meal for anyone of all ages! How to make 3 cheese macaroni is very simple as it only requires 4 ingredients plus seasonings. Macaroni and Cheese is a favorite dish for many people. This dish has become the staple comfort food for many families. However, there are so many different recipes for this dish that it can be hard to decide what to make. One recipe that you should try is this 3 cheese mac and cheese. The good thing about this recipe is that it only takes 15 minutes to make, which is perfect for those who are busy or have other things they need to do.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it. In the footer of this page is my full disclosure policy.
Check out my other macaroni recipes:
What 3 cheese mac and cheese goes good with:
Fancy mac and cheese goes great with just about anything. Because this recipe is carb heavy, I recommend serving it with something healthy such as a salad or fruit.
If you are not interested in lower carbs, then Texas garlic bread or breadsticks are a popular option that go great with pasta.
Variations of 3 cheese mac and cheese:
- add meat-3 cheese macaroni with bacon tastes amazing! You can add other meats as well such as chicken breast, sausage, salmon, tuna, etc. Macaroni is pretty customizable to ones taste buds.
- different pasta-you can make this a 3 cheese penne pasta as well by using penne noodles instead. Any noodles work here. You could even make spaghetti noodles work.
- baked pasta-making this pasta a 3 cheese macaroni bake is another option to help blend the flavors. After the noodles are cooked, instead of using the stove to warm up the cheese and milk together, you can put the ingredients in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Then, stir them all around until well mixed. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and serve. If going this route, you can make this a 3 cheese baked macaroni and cheese with bread crumbs on top. The baking part would really crust up the bread crumbs.
- add a sauce-three cheese pesto pasta tastes amazing. Just add pesto! You can add alfredo, vodka, marinara, or any other sauces you desire as well. Hot sauce will make it spicy 3 cheese mac and cheese!
- add veggies-aritchokes, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, corn, olives, etc can be added to give this dish not only flavor, but nutritional value as well.
- season-additional seasonings can be used to flavor your 3 cheese mac and cheese in any way you desire.
- more cheese-I use freshly shredded cheese so my cheese melts pretty easily. If you are using the store bought shredded cheese, then you can add more cheese to give it more of a cheesy flavor.
- less liquid-I don’t like my 3 cheese mac and cheese to be very thick, so there is about 1 cup of liquid in this recipe. If you like yours more thick, cut down on the liquid.
Can you make macaroni in advance?
Yes, you can make 3 cheese garlic pasta in advance. Just prepare as directions say. Then, let cool and place in an air tight container in the fridge until ready to eat. When ready to eat, warm up the cheesy pasta!
How to store 3 cheese macaroni:
- fridge-store this ultimate mac and cheese in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- freezer-this fancy mac and cheese can be a freezer meal! Put leftovers into an air tight container and store in the freezer. When ready to eat, let thaw in the fridge for a few hours. Then, warm up in the microwave, stove top, or oven. Enjoy again!
3 Cheese Mac and Cheese
- 1 box macaroni noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp of each seasoning: paprika, garlic salt, celery salt, pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- Boil macaroni noodles according to directions. Drain all the water out besides about 1/4 cup. Add all the ingredients to the noodles stirring over medium heat until cheese melts. Serve your 3 cheese mac and cheese hot!
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.