No water bath needed for this Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake recipe! Cheap cheesecake recipe as well since it only requires 1 block of cream cheese instead of 4 like some recipes do! Crispy graham cracker crust with Reeses cups covered with soft cheesecake overtop is what makes up this recipe for peanut butter cheesecake. It tastes like a Reese's peanut butter pie.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
Peanut butter cheesecake with graham cracker crust:
Can make or buy graham cracker crust for this Reeses peanut butter pie. If making yourself, the graham cracker crust recipe I used was 6 tablespoon melted butter, ¼ cup sugar, and 1 cup graham cracker crumbs stirred together and pressed in a pie pan, baked at 350 degrees for 6-7 minutes. If it looks buttery in the center at 7 minutes, it is okay to take out of oven. Do not over bake.
Favorite ingredient brands to use for this ultimate chocolate peanut butter cup cheesecake recipe:
- cream cheese- Philadelphia. I always use this brand for my cheesecakes! This is a philadelphia cream cheese peanut butter pie recipe. If you want more recipes with Philadelphia cream cheese, click here.
- eggs-farm eggs, any eggs work though.
- sugar and powdered sugar- provides sweetness
- peanut butter-natural or orginal work
- butter-stick butter
- Peanut butter and chocolate chips-Nestle
Making peanut butter cheesecake:
- First, make graham cracker crust or unwrap store bought crust
- Next, make cream cheese mixture
- Then, lay peanut butter cups on top of crust, then pour cheesecake on top. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Later, make chocolate topping and pour on cheesecake when it is cool. You can pour on one layer at a time and let it harden or you can pour it on all at once. This may take a little longer to set this way if you do the latter option.
- Finally, decorate with extra peanut butter cups. Freeze or refrigerate until ready for serving
Variations of peanut butter cheesecake:
- less Reeses-Reese's can get expensive, so if you wanted to cut down on Reese's you definitely can.
- omit Reeses-you can make peanut butter cup cheesecake without Reese's too
- oreo crust-you can switch out the graham cracker crust for an oreo crust
- whipped cream-making this peanut butter pie with cool whip on top would add a sweeter flavor. This also might not make it as rich tasting.
Tips for Cheesecake Baking:
- crust-don't over cook crust if you are making it yourself. It is best to take it out sooner than later.
- whip cream cheese well-we don't want lumps!
How to store Reeses peanut butter pie:
- fridge-store this chocolate peanut butter cheesecake in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week
- freezer-this peanut butter cheesecake recipe can also be kept in the freezer. I would recommend thawing it out for about 15 minutes before slicing and serving though because it can be a little hard.
Check out my other recipes with peanut butter:
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups peanut butter cups
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Bake premade pie crust according to directions or make and bake your own. Let cool completely.
- While waiting for crust to cool, beat together cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl for 2 minutes on low. Beat in egg and peanut butter.
- While crust is cool, put some peanut butter cups in bottom of crust. I put in about 9-10 cups, you can add as many or less as you like.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over peanut butter cups. Bake at 350 for 30-32 minutes. Use a toothpick to check to see if it is cooked thoroughly. Let cool.
- While waiting for cheesecake to cool, start to make the chocolate topping by warming cream and butter on medium heat in a small saucepan until the butter is melted. Add in chocolate chips. Stir until they melt. Add in powdered sugar. Stir making sure there are no lumps.
- While cheesecake is mostly cool, add chocolate topping to the top of the cheesecake. If there is a lot of topping left over, let the first layer of chocolate set and then add another layer later. Can add in extra peanut butter cups to the top for decoration.
- Freeze for about an hour or until ready for serving! Let the Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake thaw a few minutes before trying to cut into it.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.