Spinach alfredo pizza is not only healthy, but super tasty as well and totally a foolproof recipe! This recipe does not require a pizza stone. Alfredo sauce, spinach, and cheese are all main ingredients that go into a spinach feta pizza. Creamy alfredo sauce is a white sauce that is made from butter, cream or milk, garlic powder, salt, and Parmesan cheese. You can add pretty much any ingredient to accompany those main ingredients on top of your pizza!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it. In the footer of this page is my full disclosure policy.
Ingredients You Need
- Pizza crust - use your favorite pizza crust. You will precook the crust in step 1.
- Alfredo sauce - you can use store bought or homemade alfredo sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese - freshly shredded works best because it melts better
- Chopped chicken breast - what makes this chicken alfredo pizza, you can use leftover or rotisserie chicken
- Spinach - provides green nutrients, baby spinach works well here
- Chopped artichokes - delicious and nutritious
- Cooked, crumbled bacon - provides smokey flavor in traditional alfredo
- Feta cheese - provides white color on top of the spinach, omit if you like
- Jalapenos - provides heat
How to make alfredo pizza:
- Precook dough - dough must be precooked or else the toppings will burn before the dough gets done
- Add toppings - sprinkle remaining toppings on top of pizza, then bake again until cheese is melted!
Spinach alfredo pizza toppings you can add:
- More meat - Additional meats would work as well such as beef or Prosciutto
- Additional veggies - add mushrooms, banana peppers, onions, kale, tomatoes, green bell peppers, etc
- Drizzles - you can add a drizzle on top the pizza such as balsamic vinegar, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, pesto, or olive oil for additional flavor
- Different cheeses - in the recipe I use feta and mozzarella cheese, but ricotta, fresh mozzarella, cheddar, swiss, etc would also be great options.
- Cook spinach - spinach wilts quite a bit while being fried. One of the easiest ways to eat more spinach is to fry it on the stove using olive oil or artichoke heart marinate. It wilts quite a bit and seems like you're hardly eating any of it, but it is just wilted! Spread fried spinach on top of your pizza to trick yourself into eating more vegetables.
Tips and FAQs
Sides to serve with spinach alfredo pizza:
French fries are always a great option for any baked dish! If you want something more healthy, a side salad would also tasty yummy.
What kind of crust would be best for chicken alfredo pizza?
In the picture, I used naan bread as a crust. Store bought tube refrigerated pizza crust can also be an option if you want to have a nice rectangular pizza straight out of the tube without having to do much dough stretching.
Homemade dough would also work. There are no knead no rise dough options out there to save you time and money!
Air Fryer Version:
You can make this pizza in the air fryer. Cook dough according to oven directions, lower the temperature by 25 degrees and cook for half the time before checking it. Add toppings once dough is cooked, and air fry until cheese is melted!
How to store spinach alfredo pizza with fresh spinach:
Store this pizza in the fridge in an air tight container for up to one week. The slices make great leftovers for lunch! I have not tried freezing this spinach feta pizza recipe. If you would like to try freezing it, let me know how it goes.
Check out my other pizza recipes:
Chicken Alfredo Pizza with Spinach
- pizza crust of your choice
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped, cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cup chopped artichokes
- ½ cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- ½ cup feta cheese optional
- slices jalapenos optional
- Preheat oven according to your pizza dough package/recipe. Prebake dough.
- When dough is done prebaking, add alfredo sauce and mozzarella on top. Then, add spinach, bacon, artichokes, feta, and jalapenos sprinkled evenly on top. Finish baking for about 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cut and serve your spinach alfredo pizza hot!
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.