I wanted to make Chinese noodle soup using a recipe on Yummly since I had some leftover noodles. I ended up not having most of the ingredients that recipe required so I had to improvise. This noodle recipe was my creation. This Chinese soup is also how I learned that I like ramen noodles. I have been making variations of noodles using ramen ever since!
This is a very simple vegetarian Chinese soup recipe. It does not have a lot of ingredients. The cilantro is my favorite part!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
Favorite ingredients for this Asian soup recipe:
- chicken stock-provides the broth base
- ramen-the noodles, you can use egg noodles, angel hair pasta,
- seasonings-adds flavor
Variations of this Chinese noodle soup:
- protein-you can always add a protein such as a meat or tofu to your soup to up the nutrients. Boiled eggs are also a good option!
- vegetables-adding vegetables such as carrots, celery, scallions, radishes, etc. If you want more of a vegetable ramen recipe, click here.
Can I make ramen in advance?
Yes! This recipe requires leftover noodles, so precooking the noodles and refrigerating them until it is time to add the rest of the ingredients, is a good idea. How to make Chinese noodle soup at home is pretty simple.
How to store this ramen soup:
- fridge-store this Chinese recipe in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. You can even reheat this Chinese noodle soup for breakfast!
- freezer-I have not tried freezing this soup before. If you want to try it, let me know how it goes!
Serve Chinese Noodle Soup with:
Some options to go with soup before or during the meal are: Baked Crab Rangoons, Crock Pot General Tso Chicken, Shrimp Fried Rice, and Salt and Pepper Tofu.
Chinese Noodle Soup
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ medium onion, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked noodles-can be raman or angel hair
- seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic salt, Cayenne pepper to taste
- Bring chicken stock to boil, and add in onion, garlic, soy sauce, and seasonings. Boil for about 5 minutes.
- Turn down to medium heat, and add in the cooked noodles. Cook for about 10 minutes on low heat. Serve your Chinese Noodle Soup hot.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.
This is a good spin on ramen noodles. I love this and would definitely make again.
I like that the recipe is very straightforward and doesnt really require of unfamiliar ingredients.
There's something just so good about homemade soup! I love how yours has garlic and soy sauce...two ingredients that just make so many dishes better. I can't wait to try your recipe!
I love the flavor of the soy sauce and cilantro together in this soup! Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!
These flavors are amazing! A fun twist on a classic recipe!
Brianna May says
This soup is so delicious! And super easy to make. I had it for lunch.
This soup was amazing and the flavours are really great. I will definitely make it again.