Budget-friendly easy lemon cheesecake pie recipe that uses whipped cream and only 8 oz of cream cheese. Very easy to make and not very expensive! Other cheesecake recipes can require up to 4 boxes of cream cheese, which can add up quickly on your grocery bill. Adding whipped cream is a budget-friendly option to cut down on the price, no water bath needed either! This easy cheesecake recipe makes about 8-10 servings. I let mine set overnight, but about 4 hours is all you need to ensure the cream cheese is set! This lemon dessert recipe includes the graham cracker crust, but feel free to use a store bought crust if you want!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it.
- Graham crackers - for the crust
- Cream cheese - Philadelphia brand, provides the cheesecake base
- Brown sugar - adds sweetness
- Vanilla, food coloring, and lemon extract - make the lemon cheesecake pie taste or look more flavorful
- Lemon juice - use real lemon juice from a bottle or you can juice your own lemon
- Whipped cream - Cool Whip, or homemade whipped cream
How to make lemon cheesecake:
- Make graham cracker crust or unwrap store bought crust
- Whip up cheesecake mixture
- Scoop cheesecake mixture into the crust. Freeze for 4 hours.
- Room temp cream cheese - using room temperature cream cheese allows less lumps in the mixture
- Allow to cool completely - let cheesecake cool to room temperature before putting in the fridge or freezer so there is not extreme temperature changes.
- Refrigerate before serving - do not serve cheesecake hot. This dessert needs time to cool.
Yes, this easy dessert needs time to set in the fridge before serving so it is best to make this recipe at least 4 hours ahead of time.
No, this recipe is no bake for the actual cheesecake part.
Variations of lemon cheesecake pie:
- 9 x 13 baking dish - you can make this recipe for lemon cheesecake pie in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Follow the directions but double the recipe just to be sure there is enough to go around!
- Mini lemon cheesecake - you can make this recipe in a muffin tin or a mini muffin tin as well.
How to store:
- Fridge - store your lemon cheesecake pie in the pan with a plastic lid in the refrigerator for up to one week. The plastic is to prevent the fridge odor from seeping in and causing it to taste like the fridge.
- Freezer - this lemon cheesecake pie recipe can be kept in the freezer until ready to eat. Thaw out before eating for about 15 minutes so that it is easy to cut.
If you like this lemon cheesecake pie recipe, check out my other cheesecake recipes:
Lemon Cheesecake with Whipped Cream
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 6 tablespoon melted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 oz whipped cream
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- In a large sized bowl, stir together crushed graham crackers and butter. Pat down into a large, greased pie baking pan. Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees or until edges are golden. Let cool on a wire rack.
- In same bowl, mix together cream cheese, vanilla, brown sugar, lemon extract, and lemon juice. Fold in whipped cream and yellow food coloring.
- When the graham cracker crust is cool, scoop in cream cheese mixture. Smooth out any bumps. Refrigerate for about 4 hours before serving. Cut and serve your easy lemon cheesecake!
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.