Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread Loaf is a bread that does not require any kneading! This dessert bread has a layer of cheesecake in the center making it taste like a strawberry cheesecake baked in a sweet bread. Very soft, moist bread that does not have a touch of dryness. The edges are crispy like homemade bread should be! Cream cheese bread recipe is only 6 steps, and 8 ingredients, and can be completed from beginning to end in 2 hours (this includes bake time and the cool time as well).
This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and purchase something, I may earn a small commission from it. In the footer of this page is my full disclosure policy.
- Flour - provides a base
- Sugar - adds sweetness
- Cream cheese - for the cheesecake portion
- Baking soda - helps the bread rise
- Strawberries - the strawberry part of the recipe
Steps to make easy homemade cheesecake bread:
- Stir together dry ingredients
- Mix together wet ingredients-this will ensure the egg gets beaten enough and mixed thoroughly throughout. Then stir in strawberries.
- Stir together dry and wet ingredients together-this will form the strawberry cream cheese bread mixture
- Make cream cheese mixture-this will be your filling in the center of the cream cheese bread
- Layer the mixtures in the pan-pour about ⅔ of the bread mixture into a greased and floured baking pan, then dump in cream cheese mixture in an even layer. Top off with remaining bread batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees
What type of pan do I need?
A 9.25 x 5.25 pan works bread for this strawberry bread recipe! The Wilton Perfect Results Nonstick Loaf Pan (not sponsored, this is just what I use) comes with easy to grip handles, and the loaf just slides right out after loosening it from the edges with a knife! The pan is a little large, but this will prevent the bread (or any bread) from spilling over.
- Pick nice strawberries - it is easier to bake with strawberries that do not have many bad spots on them versus trying to cut all the bad spots off just to salvage a few strawberries out of the whole box. This will save a bunch of time.
- Cut strawberries small - chunks of strawberries are yummy, but they also have a lot of moisture. This could affect the batter around a large strawberry when the moisture leaks into the bread when the strawberries bake.
- Microwave cream cheese - room temperature cream cheese is ideal for this recipe. If you keep most of your cream cheese in your freezer like I do, microwaving it is the way to go! I put mine in a glass bowl in the microwave for about 20 seconds until I thought it was unfroze throughout.
- Toothpick to check for doneness - I knew my strawberry cheesecake bread was done baking when I inserted a toothpick. The toothpick came out clean! If yours does not come out clean after baking for an hour, let bake a few additional minutes.
- Plastic frosting knife - I used a plastic frosting knife to help remove my bread from the loaf pan by gently cutting around the edges of the bread to unstick it. I used this choice of knife so I would not scratch my pan. Any plastic knife would work though!
- Omit cinnamon - I know not everyone likes cinnamon. You can take it out of this strawberry loaf cake without noticing too much of a difference.
- More strawberries - if 3 cups of strawberries are not enough for you, you can add a little more! I would only recommend adding about half a cup more though or else it could change the consistency of the dough.
- Apple sauce instead of oil - if wanting to make this recipe healthier and take out the oil, you can use ½ cup of apple sauce instead! For more information about how to make healthy substitutions, click here.
- Frozen strawberries - you can use frozen strawberries, just be aware that they could turn the batter pink.
How to store this strawberry cream cheese dessert:
- Fridge - store this strawberry bread recipe wrapped in tinfoil in the refrigerator for up to one week
- Freezer - I have not tried freezing this cream cheese bread recipe. If you would like to try it, go for it! Let me know how it goes
Check out my other bread recipes:
- pesto pull apart bread
- garlic blooming onion bread
- stuffed garlic bread
- vegan naan bread
- irish soda bread
- witchfinger breadsticks
Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread Loaf
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- dash salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups strawberries sliced and quartered
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together flour, 1 cup sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs and oil until well combined. Stir in strawberries. Pour dry ingredients into this mixture. Stir until well combined throughout. Set aside.
- Make cream cheese mixture by combining cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, flour, and egg together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan. Pour in ⅔ of the bread batter. Then, pour in the cream cheese mixture, and then pour remaining bread batter on top.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. At 1 hour, instert a toothpick into the bread. If it comes out clean, then remove from oven. If the toothpick does not come out clean, bake for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes. Carefully remove the bread from the pan at 15 minutes by turning it onto a wire rack and gently sliding it out. Serve Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread Loaf cold or warm.
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Nutritional facts listed are a rough estimate and should only be followed as a general idea.
This looks amazing! I have to try this out! 😍
I love making bread, can't wait to try this recipe.